February 23, 2010

Tuesday - Sunny and clear. Lovely day!

I woke up this morning, got up for a few minutes, decided there was nothing pressing happening and then I went back to bed for a while! Sue me.

During the rest of the day I spent time doing some printing for my school, checking out things on the internet and generally enjoying myself. I watched an interesting double feature on WOWOW today. It was WarGames with Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy, and Eagle Eye with Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan. They worked rather well as a movie pairing. It was interesting how well WarGames stood up...oh, the technology has moved on of course, but the story was quite gripping. I haven't seen it in a long time. It was one of the last movies that I took my mum out to see.

I biked over to the school, stopping at a convenience store on my way to pay a bill. Last night, I found our phone bill and asked F if I should pay it on my way to work. I didn't mind of course because I can go right by the 7-11, so it wasn't much trouble...and he always forgets to pay it!

My class today was good, if a bit sad. It was his last class, but we finished the lesson completely and did the homework in class, so there aren't any loose ends. I hope his family will help him study somewhere in the future.

I did a lot of paperwork, then read the Sunday paper for a bit after I finished. I called F and while I was waiting for him, started on the Sunday puzzle. I was almost done when he arrived. I hope I can finish it tomorrow.

We came home and I started on dinner right away. Tonight I was making tacos. We had some very spicy meat, with some cheese, sour cream, tomato and lettuce. It was nice. We ran out of taco shells so we defrosted the tortillas we had in the freezer. After we heated them, they were yummy. I think I like them better than the taco shells.

F did the dishes and then watched a bit of telly, but at 11 we watched So You Think You Can Dance. It's interesting, sometimes I think a person isn't good, but the judges do, and vice versa. During the show, we finished up our remaining mincemeat tarts. So yummy. I was thinking about buying more mincemeat and making some, but then I realized that they are a winter food and we'll be heading into spring soon.

Anyway, that was my day. It was surprisingly good. I enjoyed it! Night.

No comments: