May 24, 2010

Monday - Torrential rain.

Had a horrible morning where I couldn't get out of bed to save my life. Good thing there were no earthquakes or fires! Ahem. Anyway, I got up, made the bed and got dressed finally.

I watched some of the weekend TV I'd taped. Enjoyed most of it, and did some dusting for the hubster as I had said I would. In the later afternoon I watched a really dumb movie and shredded some papers. I've decided I want to get a better shredder than my little hand cranked one.

F came home around 7 and was a little odd. He barely even said hello to me, and did his "I'm searching frantically for something" routine. When I finally was able to understand what he was on about, I helped him find it. When he came home he told me he had a bad headache. The weird thing is that I did too. In fact, he was disturbing me so much with his searching techniques that I went into the bedroom and closed the door. It was much better in the dark and quieter room. I ended up taking a couple of Bufferin just to get rid of the headache.

We had dinner at Cafe Framboise tonight and it was very nice. I had steak and F had their Japanese set meal, so we were both pleased. I wish there were more restaurants that he liked that had both Western style and Japanese food. Lately it seems like most of our "disagreements" are about food.

We hit a drugstore on the way home and then a grocery store. At the grocery store we decided to have yakiniku tomorrow night, but thought that maybe the price would go down later on. We didn't buy the meat then. We came home and vegged for a while.

F went and had a nap on the bed and I thought he was out for the count, so I started watching The Big Bang Theory. Then he started talking about going out! Grr. I told him he had to wait until I was finished. We did go back to the grocery store, but the meat hadn't been marked down. We bought it anyway! It was still cheaper than a restaurant's.

We came home and had some decaf and bagels. The bagels were on the point of going stale so it was time. F watched something on South Africa and Nelson Mandela, and I ignored him and the TV. I had planned to watch Purple Rain tonight, but I taped it for tomorrow instead. I don't think he'd approve of it somehow. It's been years since I saw it.

And that's about it really. It was an okay day, just a bit stuck in the apartment because of the rain. Hopefully I'll get out of the apartment tomorrow, even if it rains! Wish me luck with that. Night.

No comments: