August 6, 2010

Friday - Hot and sunny. Humid.

An okay day today. I got up at a reasonable time, but did laze around for a long time. I read the paper and tried to find something good on TV, but didn’t.

After getting dressed and watching the noon news, I went out for a little. I biked off to the post office to make a transfer and also to mail a letter. I went to a convenience store afterwards to pick up a light snack.

When I came home it was time to start cooking. I was using my slow cooker and today I managed to make something good. I peeled the small potatoes I had bought and put them on the bottom. I cut up an onion into wedges and spread them around. Then, I crushed two garlic cloves and spread the garlic around on top of the potatoes. I took the chicken breasts and took the skin off them, then put them on top of the veggies. I put a few bits of dried rosemary on top and then poured a can of cream of mushroom soup over everything. I put the lid on and then, because I was low on time, I just set the crockpot to high. I didn’t lift the lid at all during the cooking time.

F came home around 6 and there was a gorgeous smell in the apartment. The garlic smelt great. He wanted to make himself some rice before we ate, so he did that. We ate around 7 and dinner was really good. The potatoes looked hard, but they were cooked and quite nice, the onion was just cooked and still had a bit of bite to it. The chicken breasts weren’t dry at all. The only thing that I was sad about was that the rosemary didn’t seem to make much difference to the taste. We had the chicken and veggies with salad and hubby had rice too. It was good.

F told me that he’d do the dishes so I took my coffee to my computer and sat down. Just then, my cellphone beeped and told me I’d received a message from an ex student. He was asking if he could visit my school tonight. F and I were fine with that, so F did the dishes quickly and then we headed over.

My friend and ex-student K had a quick look at my school and then suggested going out for a drink. We ended up at Gusto, had drink bar and talked for quite a while. I haven’t seen him since my days at L’Eikaiwa, so we had lots to talk about.

Around 11:30 we had to go our separate ways. F & I came home, K went home.

At home hubby and I watched Top Gear again. Two weeks in a row for F now. Woot. It was quite interesting really. There was a race with campers that was odd…some of them ended up in pieces every where.

Anyway, tomorrow is a busy day for me. I have work, my usual classes and a meeting in the middle. Hopefully it will all go well. Wish me luck! Night.

No comments: