January 7, 2011

Friday - Cold and snowy and blowy. Brr.

Happy Birthday Zachary!

I woke up early this morning so that I could give Zachary his present before he went off to school. He got clothes from me, a bit boring maybe, but practical! He got an Edmonton Oilers shirt as well, which he wore to school today.

After Van was back from taking Zach to school, I did laundry and worked on getting my suitcases packed. Hopefully I can get everything in my cases! I'm quite close now.

Van and I went out in the early afternoon. I went to the bank and then took Van out for lunch. I haven't spent much time with just her this holiday, so it was nice to have face-time with her.

In the afternoon I did some work on the gift bags for the party tomorrow. After Joe came home from work, we all got packed up into a vehicle and drove into Edmonton.

We went right downtown and had dim-sum at Van and Joe's usual place. We told the restaurant staff that it was Zach's birthday and they were so nice to him! They gave him a puzzle and a toy, and a dessert. One of the ladies was joking with him and asked if she could be his girlfriend, but Zach said that the only girlfriend he wanted was his mother! It was rather sweet.

We drove back to Beaumont. The roads were horrible by now. The wind was blowing and it was still snowing a little. We made it safely and made a detour through the Dairy Queen drive-through for 3 blizzards. I had a Turtles pecan cluster one that was amazing!

When we got home we ate our blizzards, got the party stuff together and then started watching Transformers 2 at Zachary's request. It was a long movie to watch tonight, especially when we realized that tomorrow we have to get up early to go to Zach's soccer game. Ack.

Anyway, tomorrow is my last day here. I'm not completely sure if I'll update tomorrow night or not. If I don't, I'll catch you all up on my trip home in a few days. Night!

3 comments:

JY69 said...

Your trip went by so quickly! Seems like you just started updating from over there... :(

Mieko said...

Happy New year! You seem to have a good vacation. Do you have same sceneray there as YAMAGATA? Fortunately in Utsunomiya we don't have snow yet.
And say "Happy Birthday" to Zach, I'm really surprised at his birthday, because my birthday is January 6 th. Unfortunately Zach and I are not the same age. Have a nice last day there.

Helen said...

Thank you for your comments ladies!

It feels like a fast few weeks, but I'm ready to go home. I miss my husband and having my own apartment!

Mieko, it's very snowy here at the moment, like Yamagata, but I can't see mountains here. Where I live in Japan there are mountains all around, but my sister lives in the center of Alberta and the mountains are a few hours away.

Thanks for commenting!