March 18, 2011

Friday - Sunny and warmish

An okay day. After last night’s big blow up, today was better. I got up around 5 am to use the washroom and after that, F was all happy to see me again. He left for work, but forgot his cellphone at home.

I got up reasonably early this morning, actually before my alarm and checked to see if the power was going to be cut off. The paper didn’t have any times listed so I assumed not but filled up the kettle just to be sure.

I had a quiet day at home really. I ate some chicken salad for lunch, I watched some British TV on WOWOW, I did things on my computer and then at 2:46 I looked around, half expecting to see the room shake again. It didn’t.

The rest of the afternoon was quiet. F came home with some goodish news. He’s going to be transferred again. I hope it’s a good thing. He’s been quite miserable in his present position for the last couple of years. Hopefully this position will be less stressful, although I’m not sure.

We went out for dinner to Aki. It was nearly deserted. We sat down and about 3 minutes later a big group of foreigners came in. They were nice, said hello. I keep bumping into one of them at the local grocery store so it was about time we met!

F and I came home afterwards and we did a little packing. We’re going to share a suitcase this trip. I hope it works out. I’m not sure if it will!

We watched most of Wolfman which was bad and I’m really glad that I didn’t pay to see it in the theatre. Then, at midnight, I was surprised that they put on Twin Peaks. I knew it was coming, but I forgot it was this weekend. Sadly, I won’t be able to watch it all.

Tomorrow morning F and I will leave for Niigata for a little R & R. We were planning to go away this weekend so we decided to go anyway, although we aren’t going as far as we had planned originally. If all goes well, we’ll be back on Monday night and I’ll tell you all about it!

Got to go. Night!

No comments: