April 12, 2011

Tuesday - Warmish and sunny

Today was okay. I went to bed terribly late last night as usual, so this morning I did wake up when F left, but fell back asleep quickly. However, I didn’t manage to sleep through the earthquake alarm at 8:08 this morning. Gah. From where I am, the quake wasn’t much at all. I didn’t feel it and I’m sure it wouldn’t have awoken me. In other parts of Japan it was stronger.

I stayed up for a few minutes, but soon went back to my nice warm bed. I got up a little late, showered and then got on with my day. I had a few things to do on the internet so I did them, and watched a documentary about Bruce Lee. It was an old one that I had seen before in Canada. When the documentary finished they put on Enter the Dragon. It was fun to watch it again. Some of it was so schlocky, but Bruce was amazing. He really had something.

I got ready for work when the movie was on, and also watched a bit of a British spy/action series that was on. It was good, but I had to tape the final bit as I had to leave for work.

I made good time on my way to work and had a nice ride. I got ready for my class at the school and then had a good lesson with the student. She’s one that can’t come all the time, so it was good that we had an interesting time. This week and last week my adult students and I have been talking about an artist named Sonia Delauney. There was an article about her in the newspaper, the kind aimed at learners, so we studied it. Over the weekend I printed out a couple of pictures of her work. She did a lot of dress and fabric design and she had an interesting life. I think the students enjoyed talking about something so different for a change.

I had a long break after my first class, so I decided to go out to the drugstore I never go to for a quick visit. I picked up some munchies for myself and then went back to the school.

At the school again, I did paperwork then read the newspaper until it was time to prep for my second class. I got all ready for the student but she couldn’t come tonight. She was terribly busy at work.

I had more time so I finished the newspaper and then it was time for my next student. She came and we had a good time talking about the earthquakes and also about the artist.

After class I had a cup of tea and then did my paperwork and cleaned up. I set up for my next teaching day and worked a little on a project. Then, I called F and asked him to pick me up.

He came for me and we made a brief stop at the grocery store before he brought me home. Tonight I had a treat. F cooked dinner for us, and it was good! We had soup, stir-fry veggies and pork, bacon-wrapped asparagus and shu-mei. F cooked everything himself, except for the shu-mei, that was from the store.

After dinner, I did the dishes. There were a few, but actually wasn’t as many as I would have thought.

We watched a bit of Enemy of the State with Will Smith and Gene Hackman, and then that was about it. F went off to bed and bath (or the other way around) early and I’m still up. Sigh.

I’m going to go off now though. Night!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh, the 8:08 quake was loads of fun down here in Chiba! : )

Helen said...

I bet! I saw the map on the TV and I thought of you.

(Sorry I couldn't reply for a while, Blogger was down.)