July 9, 2012


Monday - Hot, humid and very cloudy

A good day.

I woke up early this morning and brought the fan into the bedroom.  I turned it on and fell back asleep in the cooling breeze. Yay.  Of course I overslept a bit, but I was enjoying myself!

I got up, watched SATC and did some crochet during it.  I really wanted to finish my first row of the last three rows.  I did. Hurray.

I got my two cards ready to send and scanned them, plus the ones I got last week.  After a bit, I changed and went out.  I was a woman with a mission.  I went a slightly different way and then I went by the main post office and dropped off my postcards.  After that, I headed to the theatre and went to see The Eagle with Jamie Bell and Channing Tatum.  I really liked it.  I like action movies that have a bit of a plot and and good performances, so enjoyed this one.  It started at 3 and let out just after 5 so I knew I’d have to high-tail it home to get there before F.

I was halfway home when my cellphone rang.  F was calling to say he was on his way home.  I told him I’d probably beat him there, but it didn’t seem to sink in that I wasn’t at home.  I did get home a few minutes later, parked my bike and checked the mail. We got 4 postcards, 3 of which were mine.  Yay.  

F arrived a few minutes later and as usual never asked about my day.  I’m not sure that I’d have volunteered that I went to a movie without him, but I wouldn’t have lied about it. As it is now, he didn’t even ask.  Sigh.  

After a bit of card registering and discussion, we decided to go out for dinner.  The place we decided on wasn’t open tonight, so we ended up at “The Sweeney Todd Restaurant”.  For a change, there was someone else there.  I told F that we probably saved his life by coming in before they nabbed him in the back.  We were fine because there were the two of us together!

We bought a few groceries after dinner. I’m going to cook tomorrow night. It’ll be basil chicken, probably with pasta on the side, plus steamed garlic zucchini.  At least that’s the plan at the moment.  

We came home and watched a bit of TV. F went to bed fairly early, but I watched CSI and the new Rizzoli and Isles and did another round of the blanket.  One more to go!  Woo-hoo!  I have to try to get it to the recipient soon, as she might leave Tsuruoka any day.  

And that was my day.  It was a pretty good one and I enjoyed myself.  Tomorrow I’ll likely do mundane things like laundry, at least that is the plan now.  Wish me luck eh?  Night!

No comments: