Postcrossing - Incoming

To August 23, 2012

Another pretty good week of Postcrossing happened here.  My biggest complaint this time is that a couple of people didn't write much on the backs of their postcards.  I'm a chatty person on the back of mine and I like it when other people try to write something to me.


Dasha from Belarus sent me this card.  She wrote that she is a student on holiday. The pancakes on this card are the national food of Belarus: draniki.  They are potato pancakes and she says they are very tasty.

They do look delicious.  Yum!

It's funny how sometimes you get a run of a certain type of card.  A couple of days later, I received another food card, after not getting any for ages.  This is Friesland sugarbread.  It is basically just white bread with lumps of sugar in it.  It is a traditional Netherlands bread.  

The sender wrote that after she finished writing the card she was going to bake some chocolate cupcakes for her father. Hey, send one to me please! Thanks Herma.

Friesland Sugarbread

I received two cards from Poland this week.  The first is a movie card for Mulholland Drive, a David Lynch film.  I have to admit that I haven't seen it, although I would really like to view it.  I know that it is quite controversial in some circles.

I love getting movie cards, even if I haven't seen the actual movie.  Thanks Lucja!

The sender of this next card comes from the US.  She only wrote "Have a great summer, Happy Postcrossing" on her card, so I was a little disappointed.  I am curious as to why she sent me this card.  

Having just done a bit of research on manatees I can say that they are interesting creatures that sadly have much to fear from mankind.  

Manatee

This next card comes from Poland.  The sender didn't even bother to sign his/her name to it.  So, that's pretty much all I plan to write about it!

Town-park, Vajdahunyad Castle, Agricultural Museum

Another batch of interesting cards.  Which one is your favourite?  Maybe there'll be more in my mailbox tomorrow.  Until next time!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took a break for a bit from PC. I'm back on now. Nice cards!

Helen said...

Thank you! And, welcome back to PC :-)

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

How disappointing when the sender doesn't write anything. I had the impression that postcrossers were particularly friendly folks.

Helen said...

It was disappointing. Maybe they were embarrassed by their English or something? I wouldn't have minded though.