September 22, 2012


Saturday - Warm and sunny

I tried to go to sleep in bed, I really did.  F and I created a lovely high pillow for me so I could sleep mostly sitting, but I couldn’t stop coughing.  I ended up back on the couch, not sleeping again.  Sigh.  

This morning we finally roused ourselves a bit late, and went out for breakfast around 12.  We went to Jiro and had a lovely lunch there.  After lunch, F took me for a drive.

We drove out to the beach and went for a little walk.  It wasn’t that great for me, but it was a lovely day and I wanted to be out with my husband.  We didn’t go very far, and I had to use an umbrella as a parasol!  We came back home again and I had a little rest. 

F slept for a bit in the afternoon and then wanted dinner!  He gave me a few choices and I chose sushi.  We went over to Kappa sushi and had a short wait before we were able to go in.  It was a pretty good tonight.  

After dinner, we hit the drugstore for a few minutes and then came home.  We watched Cowboys and Aliens, the extended version tonight.  It was okay.  I think I liked it shorter. 

Now I’m watching Project Runway.  It’s quite short this year and I don’t like it. I like watching the designers work backstage.  Still, I guess no one cares what I think.

I’m going to try and get some sleep tonight.  I hope I can sleep in bed tonight, but if I can’t, then I’ll have to try for the sofa again.    Talk to you tomorrow night.  Night!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

When you said Jiro, I thought you meant the famous guy from "Jiro Dreams of Sushi", but it's not the same is it? :)

I hope you get better soon. It's horrible when you can't stop coughing. We've all just gotten over two rounds of the flu and tonsillitis...it's awful this year! After all that, I feel like never taking health for granted again!

Helen said...

No, not the same guy! It's a local restaurant that we both like very much.

The coughing continues, but I do feel a slight improvement, I'm happy to say.

Glad you're getting better too.