September 3, 2012


Monday - Hot and sunny, but a little less hot!

An okay day.

I overslept this morning and didn’t wake up properly until F came back home to get something.  Ack.  I got up and stayed up.  

In the am, I worked on my Tohoku Report, got it done and sent. Whew!  Big load off my mind.  

I wrote another postcard today, and then as an added bonus I took them all to the post office just after 5 to mail.  I had to dodge some pretty scary spider webs in the bike shed though. Yikes!  

When F came home I finished watching Celebrity Apprentice and then got started on dinner.  Tonight we had spaghetti squash, chicken fingers, and salad.  It took a bit of work, but everything came together.  I used a new chicken recipe and it was delicious.  F and I got into a mini fight during dinner about how healthy rice was, but I didn’t escalate it. I just stated the facts as I see them and told him that he had plenty of carbohydrates on his plate, he didn’t need to add rice unless he was hungry.  He said he wasn’t, but after dinner and dishes, he made himself some noodles.  

We did a quick store run to get some necessities for the apartment—soap and toilet paper.  I picked up a couple of cans of cold tea for me, and F got himself noodles and a can of fish.  Good for him! He can eat it if he wants.

He watched kickboxing when we came back, but very nicely surrendered the TV at 10 so I could watch CSI.  He went to bed around 11 tonight and frankly, I was glad to see him go. He was so tired and a bit cranky that I wasn’t enjoying having him around.  I think this summer is just too long and too hot for both of us.  

I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow.  I have a few things that I should do, but will I?  Hmm. Not sure really! Got to go. Night.

No comments: