October 21, 2012

Sunday - Cloudy and cool

A good day.  I woke up at 10 this morning and F was putting together a mix in the breadmaker.  I went back to sleep.  When I got up just before 12, he was gone.  I knew that he was out at a spa or his mother’s, so I got up, checked the breadmaker and then got on my computer.  The breadmaker beeped a few minutes later and I took it out.  Oh no!  Something had gone wrong.  The dough was half the size that it should be.  

F came home at that point and we bemoaned the bread, but still cut a couple of slices and had it.  It tasted quite good, but just hadn’t risen enough.  

We decided to go to a movie this afternoon and so decided to go to the restaurant at the theater.  We went over to Machi-kine and their restaurant.  They’ve created a new menu so F had ramen and I had a bacon and kabu stirfry and it was good!  I was quite impressed.  Kabu is a kind of small turnip I think, or a large radish, I’m not sure what.  

We went to see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy today and it was great.  So atmospheric.  It was quite difficult to keep everyone and everything in my head at one time, but I think I managed it.  I really enjoyed it. I think F did too.  It was nice to see a movie with no car chases, or huge special effects too.

After the movie, we headed to S-Mall and got a few things for F’s mother.  Today was her birthday and since F didn’t get her anything (nor did he think there was any point in getting her anything—grr), I had suggested some sweets from the mall.  F bought her some dango and some shu-cream, then bought us a couple of shu-cream with Earl Grey Cream inside.  We bought a couple of other things in the mall and then F dropped me off at home and delivered the sweets to his mother.

At home we relaxed for a while and then headed out for dinner.  F wanted to go to Hana, so we drove there and discovered it was closed.  Oh darn.  (snort)  Then, I suggested the sushi/soba place that he likes near a pachinko parlour.  We ended up going there and had an okay meal.  I had tempura udon and it was nice, F had fresh 100% soba.  We came home via the grocery store.

We had a quiet evening at home.  We watched Rabbit Hole, the movie with Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart.  It was very sad, and very good.  While Nicole Kidman is good in the movie, Aaron Eckhart was too, and that’s almost a surprise.  He does a lot of action films and is believable in them, so it’s nice to see him in a smaller film holding his own.  He did that film with Helena Bonham Carter a few years ago that was intriguing, and so was this one.  

That’s about it really.  F and I both wrote up some cards for Postcrossing.  I’m at my limit until a couple of the ones travelling go through.  I made him bring the heater through to the living room again as it is quite cold at times.  

Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’m going to do.  I have to go to the post office and mail off a couple of things. I have a bookmooch to Greece and a few postcards to mail off.  That’s it for me for tonight. Night!

No comments: