May 1, 2013


Wednesday - Cloudy and rainy

A nice day.

I was a little worried about today because F was taking the day off and sometimes it doesn't go well. Today it did though. Around 9 I noticed that F was back from the doctor's office.  Sadly, his doctor's office had closed for Golden Week.  He was going to look on the internet for another clinic, I suggested the phone book!

He left, and a little later I got up and took a shower. I was watching Ghost Whisperer when F came home.  He was a bit loud for a bit, but I asked him to zip it.  I hadn't seen this one.  

We went out to lunch to a new place for us.  I had seen it a couple of months ago when I went shopping, but had forgotten to mention it to F.  It was a chicken restaurant, they had ramen too, but lots of dishes with chicken in them.  F had ramen, I had a fried chicken lunch.  I got a bigger one than normal and F took the extra bits of chicken from me.  That was good.

After lunch, we headed off to the Tsuruoka Art Forum.  They had an interesting exhibit of Japanese Poster Art.  The posters were for selling beer, wine and sake mostly, although a few were for soft drinks.  Some of the posters were so beautiful, and if they hadn't had big bottles of booze in them, could have been hung in people's homes.  We stopped off at the cafe in the museum to have a cake set.  I had iced tea and apple pie, F had iced coffee and a berry cake.  

We came home after that and I was so tired I was almost asleep at my computer.  I went to take a nap, and thought that F was going to join me, but he never did.  I woke up at 6 to an empty apartment.  Apparently, F had to talk to one of the neighbours regarding taking over as building manager for the year.  I went back to sleep, and didn't wake up again until after 7:30.  Bad me.  

We had dinner tonight in Jiro, which was yummy.  I had beef stew with butter rice. I don't like to eat plain old white rice, but this was nice.  F had my usual, pork saute in garlic oil.  

We dropped a few things off at my school, then hit up the grocery store. We're going to finish up the pasta and sauce tomorrow night, and we'll have trout with the pasta.  I couldn't buy a salad though as they were out of everything even close to lettucey.  

We came home just in time to watch Camelot. I did a bit more crochet during it. It has now ended for a while. I'm a tad sad as I was really into it.  I wonder if there is more or not. I watched a few other programs tonight and enjoyed it a lot. 

That's about it for me.  Tomorrow if the weather is decent I may go and see a movie, if not, I'll stay home and do something else!  Wish me luck.  Night.

No comments: