June 10, 2013


Monday - Hot and sunny

A crazy mixed up day.  Not good.

I got up and then fell asleep on the couch!  I watched a bit of TV and then finally got dressed.  F asked me out for lunch, but I said no.  After all the fighting about food, I just couldn't face having lunch with him today.  

He called me a couple of hours later to say that he could pick up my whiteboard at my school and bring it to our apartment. I went into action and left home, stopping only for a couple of sandwiches at the convenience store.  Unfortunately, by the time I got to my school, F had already been and was now at our apartment looking for me.  He couldn't come back just then.  

I got to work and did a bit of boxing things up.  I also took apart my whiteboard.  That was "fun"! F did call later and was able to put my whiteboard in his vehicle.  He brought me home with him.  I'd left the school in such a hurry that I didn't have socks on or my backpack with me!  

I stayed home for a bit and vegged.  I was really feeling quite horrible.  I think just too much stress lately, and not much happiness.  

F finished work and came home. We went out to get gas for our car and then he took me to my school again.  I had planned to do more work, but I couldn't face it.  I just felt drained.  

We went to the drugstore and then when F asked where I'd like to go, I told him to the grocery store because I didn't want to have dinner in a restaurant with him.  It's been quite horrible lately and I can't handle it.  I told him, as evenly as I could, that even though HE thinks he isn't yelling at me, I hear it as yelling. I don't know if he understands me, after all, Japanese people seem to yell at each other in private all the time and it doesn't phase them, but it kills me.

I went to the grocery store, got a couple of things to eat and then went back home.  F left and went to a ramen shop.

I had a good dinner and watched some TV.  After that, I did my dishes and F came home.  He had a fairly early night tonight, which was a relief for me.  

Tomorrow I have to go to my school and I need to defrost the freezer.  I also have to finish up packing so I can do some cleaning.  Still have a lot of work to do, but the end is sort of in sight!  Wish me luck?  Night.

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Ugh. Sounds like a pain tying up all the loose ends at your school! Wonder how much a cleaning service would charge to come and do the dirty work. When I left Tokyo, my boss hired a cleaning service to clean my apartment after me. Apparently gaijin are terrible cleaners? Anyway, saved me a lot of trouble!

Helen said...

It is a pain...I still have a bunch of stuff to get out of the apartment.

Hiring cleaners...I wish I could! I don't think we're terrible cleaners, just maybe we don't care about the same things?!

I've got to be done by Saturday anyway...only a few more days of this.