June 20, 2013

Thursday - Sunny and warm

A good day.

I got up this morning and had some of the onion bread that F made the night before.  Yum.  I had a quick shower and watched a bit of TV.  

F called and invited me out for lunch.  I said yes, so I was waiting when F came to pick me up.  We went to the Chinese restaurant nearby. I wasn't feeling great, so just had a small meal.  

He dropped me off at home.  During lunch he asked if he could go and see a movie in Mikawa tonight by himself.  It was a movie in Japanese, so I really had no urge to see it.  I do however have to get a present for my niece as her birthday is coming up.  This would be a perfect chance for me to do a little window shopping and enjoy myself without F.  Win-win!

In the afternoon I did a little bit of crochet and took some photos of my projects.  I posted them to Ravelry too. 

F came home around 5:45.  He changed and I got my last minute prep done.  We drove to the mall and had dinner. I still had a bit of an upset stomach so I just had noodles in the restaurant.  We went for tea or coffee after and then I sent F on his way to see the movie.  

I spent quite a bit of time in different departments, looking for all kinds of interesting things.  Last night when F was caramelizing the onions, he didn't use the lovely silicon spoon/spatula that I have, he used a plastic one and melted it.  I was not terribly impressed when I saw it this morning! I didn't find the kind of replacement I wanted so didn't buy anything.  In the clothing department I saw some lovely tops that would be nice for my niece, I think.  In the craft department I saw lovely cotton yarn that would be lovely for me to work with, but I didn't buy any.  

Around 8:30 I was a bit window-shopped out, so I went to Seattle's Best and had an ice tea. After that, I went upstairs and waited outside the theatre.  I sat on a bench and read my book.  I had a great time, except it kept getting darker as they turned off more lights! 

I did keep an eye out for F, but he surprised me.  No one else came out at the same time as him, so he must have left during the credits.  He didn't like the movie very much he said.  I'm sorry about that.  

We drove back to Tsuruoka and came home.  I was feeling a bit better by then, but still not great. We watched a bit of TV.  F tried to help me by pre-setting the pay channel box for my show, completely forgetting that I don't ever do that now.  Ack!  It took five minutes before we could stop the blooming machine.  I stopped using that thing because it wouldn't let me adjust the language the show was recorded in.  After that, I settled in to watch Desperate Housewives.  It was a good show tonight.  

F went to bed a bit after his bath and I spent more time on my computer. As usual.  I did have some plans for tomorrow, but sadly they had to be postponed, so if the weather co-operates I think I'll go to the movie theatre in the afternoon.  Maybe!
That's it for me for tonight.  Tune in tomorrow to see what happens!  Night.

Oh, here's a bit of my present crochet work, just as a bonus for sticking around!
Granny Ripple Baby Blanket 
Crochet Bolero in Blue & Silver

No comments: