July 22, 2013


Monday - Thunder, heavy rain, hot and humid

A good day.

I got up this morning, watched a bit of telly, read the papers, did a little laundry and even cleaned a bit.  Woot.  It rained all day, without a break.  It was very difficult to get motivated to do anything, and the humidity was something awful.

In the afternoon I wasn't able to watch much TV at all  The storm, and it WAS a storm, knocked everything out.  However, I did get a few clothes put away, so not too bad.  

When F came home we relaxed for a bit and then headed out for dinner.  My first choice was closed, so F picked the place.  He chose the "Sweeney Todd" restaurant, so we went there.  We were the only customers again, but we had an okay meal. The beef was a little tough, but apart from that, everything else was good.  

We bought a few groceries for dinner tomorrow and F bugged me quite a bit.  First of all, he requested tempura.  I've never made tempura and I'm never going to.  It is far too hot to be in a kitchen with hot oil and it makes such a lot of mess everywhere.  The last time he made tempura the entire kitchen was coated in oil.  Then he requested eggplant, only he wanted it grilled, then peeled, like they do in an izakaya.  Does this man not realize that it is summer and I am trying to minimize cooking because it is too hot?  I want to eat less right now, not more.  Simple, simple is my motto.  So, what I picked for dinner tomorrow is herb chicken that gets done in the microwave, salad, tofu and with F's eggplant, that is it.  If he doesn't do the eggplant, too bad.  Anyway, I told him that he was in charge of cooking the eggplant.  

In the evening I wanted to talk with him, but he was working on a meeting he has to host on Wednesday night.  Since I wanted to watch TV, I turned on the TV and wore the headphones. I made a pot of tea too.  Yum. 

F set up the breadmaker for the morning, and we became quite friendly.  We turned on the air conditioner tonight because the humidity in the apartment was over 80% which is a bit much for me.  It has helped quite a bit.

Tomorrow I have lunch plans so I'll be going out with a friend.  I'm not sure where we're going to go, but I'm sure we'll have a good time wherever we are!  Night.

No comments: