August 6, 2013


Tuesday - Humid, scattered rain showers

A good day. I got up this morning and came to my computer. I didn't have breakfast until quite a bit later, but I was fine.  When F called to ask me for lunch I begged off again.  

In the afternoon I read a couple of the newspapers from the weekend and today, then I had lunch.  After lunch, I decided to risk going out and possibly getting wet.  I rode off to the mall.  I had a little poke around some of the shops and then went to Doutors.  I had their new tea, a rooiboos tea with raspberry and rose hips.  It was very nice.  It was quite refreshing and there were little bits of raspberries in it.  Yum.  I got my movie column really started at the mall too.  I'm not sure why I can write better in a public place than I can at home.  Maybe too many distractions at home?

I came home, and arrived home about 2 minutes before F phoned me.  He came home soon after.  We both chilled out for a while. I had turned on the AC when I came home so I was blessing out.  

F wanted to go for Japanese food tonight and named 3 restaurants that he'd be okay with going to. I picked the one I hated the least, and we drove there.  Sadly, it was closed so we went somewhere else.  We went to the Udon/soba shop that also does tempura and sushi.  We both had the same thing, cold udon with a chicken wing in it and shared an order of tempura.  It was nice.

We went to the grocery store and got a few things for tomorrow night's dinner.  I am planning to do the spaghetti squash tomorrow night, but F has opted out of spaghetti sauce.  He wants to use soba sauce for himself instead.  As that sounds revolting in my world, I'm going to let him eat it any way he likes.  I got chicken to cook for myself to go with it, plus a salad.  I like my salads :-)

We had a quiet evening at home.  We didn't even turn on the TV until 11 so I could watch Kev in The Following.  What a freaky-deaky show!  I did some crochet…I have a row and a half to go, and my doily is looking good. I think it is a good thing that I bought the third ball of thread though!

That's about it for me tonight.  It was a good day. Tomorrow, if the weather holds, I'd really like to go out again.  I have something that I've been planning to do for weeks and I don't even want to talk about it in case I jinx myself!  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: