September 9, 2013

Monday - Sunny and warm, gorgeous day

A good day.

I got up this morning around 9 am, watched my show and made the bed.  That was more difficult than usual due to the blankets and towelkets on the bed.  I showered and had a bite to eat while I did my internet stuff.  

I went out at 11:30.  I biked to the bank, got some money, then biked to the post office. I checked the rate of travellers cheques and then headed off to the Machi-kine Cinema.  I went to see Another Country with Rupert Everett and Colin Firth.  It was okay, but I found the end to be a let down.  It was about boys at a boys school in England and the rampant homosexuality therein, but it was done in such a way that it wasn't very interesting at all.  I did like the performances and it was lovely to see three (Cary Elwes was the third) future movie stars when they were young and relatively innocent!

After the movie, I went to the post office again and bought my travellers cheques.  It went very smoothly and I got the amount and denominations that I wanted.  Hurray for that.  The woman that sold them to me did consult a book, but I imagine that she wouldn't deal with them everyday.  Still, she did everything right and that made me very happy.  

I decided to go to the mall and have a drink, so I toddled off on my bike.  I walked around the mall and didn't get anything except my drink at Doutors. I had another raspberry and rose hip tea there and read some of Life of Pi.  I've finally picked it up again after 2 months of ignoring it.  

I came home and got home quite a bit before F.  He had obviously been home in the middle of the day as there were some nice extras in the freezer.  

When he came home, I cooked dinner.  He was in bad shape. His lower back is really bad and he can barely walk.  I feel so bad for him.  

Tonight for dinner we had cup-a-soup, tandori taste chicken, salad and green beans.  I had some couscous and F had rice with mentaiko, but I don't eat that stuff.  

Because he was feeling so awful, I did the dishes while he had a bath.  We had a quiet evening. I watched a lot of TV and came over to the couch at 11 for crochet and Scandal.  I got a couple of rows done, so I'm quite pleased with myself.  

That was about it.  It was a lovely day.  It actually felt like summer today, even though we're slipping into fall. It was warm and sunny, not humid at all, and it was lovely to be out and about.  

Tomorrow I'm not sure what'll happen.  I may go to the doctor if F can get half of the day off.  I'm feeling a little wheezy, probably because of the dust that we stirred up on Sunday when we moved the bedding. If not, I'll hopefully start work on my next Journal article or at the very least, do some prep for my trip.  Got to go.  Night!

No comments: