January 18, 2014


Saturday - Coldish and snowy

A good day.

I got up this morning and F was up already.  He got up around 7 I think.  He'd slept for so long I couldn't believe it.  

I vegged in front of my computer and then watched Nigel Slater.  One of the things he made today was a great sandwich, actually, he made two of them.  I wanted a sandwich, so when F asked me where I'd like to have lunch today, I said Subway!  It's kind of a win-win because I love Subway sandwiches, and F loves ramen.  There's a ramen shop upstairs in the mall.  So, we went to the mall and he went upstairs and I went downstairs  I had one of the flatbread sandwiches and it was okay.  I honestly would prefer the sandwich to be hotter in temperature, but it wasn't bad.  I also had a drink and their oven fries.  

After lunch, F and I reunited, did a little shopping in the hundred yen shop, and then came home for a couple of minutes.  He needed medicine and I wanted a cd.  We took care of our wants and needs and then set off into the wilds around Tsuruoka!  We ended up at the ski hill.  We walked around the non-skiing area but it was snowing and cold and slippery so we didn't stay long.  We stayed longer in the car trying to get out of the parking lot than we did at the ski hill!




We came back home for a little and vegged or used our computers.  At 6 we headed over to Jiro for dinner.  We both had the same thing, beef stew with butter rice.  I really liked it, F not so much.  

After that, we drove over to Machi-kine, the theatre and went to see A Late Quartet.  It was really good.  It was more of a character piece than a story piece, but it was very enjoyable.  It was also a bit hard to complain about the music!  It was great.

When the movie was finished we left the theatre, and went to the grocery store.  We got a few things and then came home.  We spent a quiet evening at home.  I did a bit of crochet and blogging, F relaxed for a while and then went to bed.  This weather is tough on his back. 

That's about it for today.  I'm not sure what we'll get up to tomorrow.  I'm hoping more crochet time for me, but I'd also like to do some reading as I haven't done enough for a while.  Come back and find out just what I get up to!  Night.

No comments: