February 3, 2014

Monday - Rainy and then snowy

A good day.

I woke up this morning just before F's alarm went off with a stabbing headache in the back of my head.  I took a couple of Tylenol and told F I was going back to bed.  I did, fell asleep, and thankfully woke up hours later headache free.

I got up and watched part of Ghost Whisperer, plus I had a bit of brunch too.  I mostly had toast, with some yogurt and read the papers from the weekend.  

I took a shower in the afternoon and started packing my suitcase.  I tried to be very logical about what I packed and of course, NOT overpack!  I washed a small load of clothes too so that I could take them with me.  

I did a lot of running around the apartment, trying to get things ready.  It was a bit nerve-wracking honestly.

F came home a little late for a change, and then I got dinner started.  I poached a chicken breast for myself, and then after it started, got the pasta underway.  I set the table, let the chicken cool down a bit for myself, and then suggested strongly that F cook his fish. I put my pan with the water on the counter to cool as I wanted to keep it for future meals. 

F tried to do his whole "one piece of fish is for you" bit, but I was having none of it.  I bought a chicken breast for myself and that's exactly what I wanted.  I actually didn't even eat it all, I left a bit for tomorrow's lunch. Yay.  Dinner was nice, but I swear I am having the hardest time getting F to just come to the table and sit.  He never wants to.  It is so annoying. 

Anyway, dinner's eaten, dishes washed, and we go to the drugstore to pick up a few necessary supplies.  We get our stuff, go to the grocery store to pick up something for tomorrow's dinner, get home.  I decide to put my chicken broth in the fridge so I can use it for tomorrow's stew.  And it's not there.  F had chucked it and washed the pan.  ARGH.  He did feel bad, but then again, so did I.  There was nothing wrong with that water.  It had  a garlic clove in it, some herbs and was on the counter with a lid on it to cool down.  

We had a fairly quiet night.  F was watching J-TV.  Some of it was really annoying, but later on he was watching something not too bad.  Still, I made him surrender the TV so I could watch the new political drama, Political Animals.  I enjoyed it.  I did a little crochet then too.  I have restarted the project I'm making for my sister.  I'm so nice :-)

And that was my day.  I wrote out three postcards for Postcrossing, but I'd like to do at least a couple more tomorrow. I probably won't get to send more this week. Tomorrow I have to go to the post office at some point in the day and then make stew in the late afternoon.  Wish me luck with that!  Night.

And, I just wanted to add that I found out that Philip Seymour Hoffman died yesterday.  It's really sad as he had a partner and young children that he left. He was an amazing actor, F and I just saw him last month in A Late Quartet and he was brilliant in that.  I will miss his work.

1 comment:

Shonan LOvE said...

He was brilliant in that film, outshining the others who were no slouches themselves and a story weakened by petty drama here and there.

A real loss to cinema...