March 18, 2014


Tuesday - Rainy

A good day!

I got up early, and so did F this morning.  We had decided to go to the Internet cafe to spend the time while the fire alarm inspection happened.  That was great on my part, but F?  Not so much!  He got up, couldn't find his jeans and even worse, couldn't find his car keys.  I took some garbage out for a change and came back and looked for the car keys.  He had packed them in a bag and put the bag inside a box.  He really didn't want to find them, did he?

We took our recyclables to the grocery store then went over to the Internet Cafe.  As you can imagine, it wasn't very busy at 8 something am, so we were able to get massaging chairs right away.  I spent the next 3 and a bit hours in bliss.  I watched Covert Affairs, part of a movie about Graham Chapman of Monty Python and part of today's Walking Dead episode.  A little before 12, I packed up my stuff and left to meet my friend.

She came to pick me up and we drove off to Komagi Spa and had lunch there.  It was very nice!  We stayed and chatted for a long time, then walked through the grocery/veggie department.  I didn't buy anything, but my friend did.  

After that, we went to the Bussan-kan souvenir area and walked around a bit. I was looking for postcards but couldn't find any. We treated ourselves to some ice-cream. That was nice!

Sadly, that was all the time we had today.  We had to go our separate ways.  She drove me home and then left for hers.  As always, it was lovely to see her and chat with each other.

F was at home when I arrived and we chatted for a bit.  There wasn't any mail today either.  That's about two weeks now with no postcards.  I'm getting worried! 

In the evening we talked about going out to eat.  F didn't want to go to anywhere that I suggested, he only wanted ramen. I didn't.  I told him I'd go out with him if he would take me to the grocery store afterwards.  He took me to a ramen shop, where I had some gyoza and he had ramen.  He didn't like it, my gyoza were okay though! 

At the grocery store, I got a bit of food for tonight for myself and also for dinner tomorrow.  I think I'm going to cook for both of us, but I only planned to cook for myself at first!

This whole food thing is getting to me.  I had rice everyday this last weekend and it was too much. I just want not to have any for a few days, and F is acting like I kicked his puppy or something.  I really don't understand how what I eat or don't eat has anything to do with him.

The evening at home was quite nice.  We had some tea and a small apple pie each from Hirosaki.  I bought them when I was on my trip.  They were good.  Hirosaki is the "apple" city in Tohoku.  

And that's about it.  Not sure what I'll get up to tomorrow, but it'll be fun finding out.  Come back and see me tomorrow.  Night.

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

His need for you to eat what he eats is puzzling. Have you asked him why it matters to him? I may be reading far too much into it, but maybe he feels it's a cultural adaptation thing or he needs to be part of a "group" in terms of what he does. It's just so weird and I'm sorry that it's creating stress for you. I also could not eat rice everyday! I wouldn't want to eat the same style of meal of any type everyday!

Helen said...

I really don't know what's going on in his head at the moment. Food is such a loaded subject for the two of us these days, it almost makes me lose my appetite!