March 9, 2014

Sunday - Snowy and wet

A good day.  A surprisingly good day.

This morning I got up and, well, it wasn't morning anymore…but only just!  F hadn't slept. He'd been up since 5…He'd tried to nap but wasn't able to.  Sigh. Poor thing.

After I got up, we vegged for a bit.  F made us a drink and gave me some toast.  Then we went out for lunch.  We went to Grado and it was really nice.  I had chicken with a gorgonzola cream sauce, F had hamachi with basil sauce I think.  They were both really nice.

After lunch, we went over to the Chido Museum to look at their Hina Doll exhibit.  Every year, they put out different sets of hina dolls.  I liked the ones that were there this year.  We enjoyed the exhibit, had a gander at the garden again, and then went for some tea at Mr. Donut.

We came home for a brief minute and then decided to have dinner.  F was starting to drag and I wanted him to go to bed early tonight.  We went to Sukase, a restaurant that we went to fairly often before.  It has just moved its location and is now where Gozaya used to be.  

We both had their special tonight and it was quite nice.  We had soup, salad, and bread or rice with trout and shrimp.  We had tea and dessert afterwards.  

We went to the grocery store after dinner and bought the makings for tomorrow's dinner. I'm going to do a stir-fry, something quickish and healthy.  

We came home and had a fairly quiet evening in.  I made tea, we watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel again…I love it.  I so want to be Judi Dench in that movie.  

And that's about it.  I will head off to bed soon, so that I can try and get a bit more sleep than usual!  Tomorrow I have a list of things that I need to get on with, wish me luck!  Night.

No comments: