April 26, 2014


Saturday - Warm and sunny

A good day.

I woke up early this morning, but didn't get up until 9:00am.  I got up, showered, breakfasted, and then F left to take his mum to the wedding hall.  

While he was gone I got dressed and put on my make-up.  I had no idea how difficult it was to put on make-up while wearing glasses.  Good grief! I made more than one goof while I was attempting to do it.  Finally, I was dressed, made up and my hair was good!  I looked rather nice in my new dress.  

F came back and we had a taxi come and get us.  We got out at the Grand El Son and I saw F's sister in the distance so I waved, she waved and I somehow knew things would be okay!  We walked over and we were just in time for the big family photo. After that, we went inside.  

We had a lovely time at the wedding reception.  The food was good.  There weren't too many speeches, and I couldn't understand the ones that were made anyway, so I didn't know if they were boring or not!  F's mother was fine…she actually smiled to see me at first, so that was a surprise.  

F and I came home, opened our presents…I got seki-han (red rice) with some katsuo and a little china candy dish, plus a catalogue where I can pick my own gift, F got a Baumkuchen, a type of cake, and a catalogue. 

Then, we took a nap.  I'd only had a glass of champagne but I was sleepy…I slept for 4 hours, F a little less, but it was still nice.  

For dinner, instead of making things like I had planned/thought we would do, we walked to the local Chinese restaurant and had dinner there. It was okay, not great, but about what I felt like having really.  The lunch at the wedding hall was very nice, so it was okay having low key food tonight.

We came home and I watched a lot of TV!  I'm soaking up the CSI:NY because it'll be ending soon (boo!!! What will I do without my Gary Sinese-A.J. Buckley fix every week?) F has made sounds about going to bed, but hasn't.  He's probably waiting for me. I so wish he wouldn't…but that's another entry in itself that I don't feel like writing.  

Anyway, a good day, despite the painful shoes! Tomorrow I'm not sure what I'll get up to, but it might involve going to see a movie in the late afternoon. I'm just not sure.  Come back and find out what I get up to! Night.

2 comments:

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

So glad to hear that the day went well. Weddings are sure to bring on feelings of goodwill and happiness.

Helen said...

Thanks! It was a surprise how well it went. F was worried his mum would make a scene, but she didn't..and neither did I of course!