May 1, 2014


Thursday-Rainy

A day that started badly, ended much better.

This morning I was still mad at F.  He was trying to be friendly, but I wasn't paying much attention to him.  At one point he asked me to go to lunch with him and I blew him off.  He got really upset and we ended up having a bit of a shouting argument.  However, we did make up and talked about a few things.  We had a cuddle and both of us felt better afterwards.  

We went out for lunch, headed to F's favourite fish place, but the parking lot was packed.  He drove past the restaurant and just as we were going to turn around, we saw another restaurant.  It was a place we'd never been, so decided to try it.  It turned out to be a Crystal/Aromatherapy place as well as a restaurant.  I had asparagus and basil pasta, F had hiyashi-chuuka.  Both our dishes came with a little yogurt and fruit sauce, coffee or tea.  I had a salad with mine too.  It wasn't the best I've ever had, and F complained that he thought it was expensive.  I pointed out to him that we'd paid a little more at another place that didn't give us coffee or tea or dessert, so really this place wasn't bad.  It's an interesting place. I ended up buying 3 packs of postcards taken in Hokkaido.  

I asked F if he wanted to go home and he said he didn't!  I suggested going to Machikine then to see if there was a movie playing.  I'd wanted to see Before Midnight and I had actually planned to go and see it today in the morning until F took the day off. There was an afternoon showing and so we went to see it.  It was great of course.  I've loved all the movies in this series, but it was quite different.  The first two were all sexual tension and possibilities, this was about ten years later after Celine and Jessie had been together for a while.  They were on holiday in Greece with their children.  I really liked it because it was thoughtful and as always, the conversations were intelligent.  It wasn't all happy sailing, however.  I wouldn't mind seeing these two again in another 10 years or more!

After the movie, F still didn't want to go home.  He asked that we go to the Internet Cafe and I said it was okay if we'd go to the hundred yen shop first.  We made a quick stop and I bought myself a crochet hook and a couple of balls of yarn.  We were able to get in right away at the internet cafe and that's where we stayed for the next 6 hours.  Yes, 6 hours.  Sigh!

However, I did get quite a lot of crocheting done.  I'm trying out a pattern that I might want to spend a bit of money to get the yarn for, so I'm trying it in a much smaller version. It looks really cool so far.  

We came home just after 11.  F went off to the grocery store, I came home to watch The Good Wife.  Yes, I have priorities!

I watched a bit of TV and read email this evening.  Things were quite nice really.  

Tomorrow I'm going out with a friend and then I'll see what I get up to for the rest of the afternoon/evening.  I'll be sure and report back tomorrow night, possibly with more photos of my lovely crochet/tarn work.   Night!

No comments: