June 7, 2014


Saturday - Rainy and warm

A good day.  

I got up fairly early and planned to watch Gordon Ramsay's cooking show…but F came home just before I made it to the living room and started watching boxing.  Bleck.  I took a shower instead.  

After my shower I was on my computer for a bit, and then got really sleepy.  I went and took a nap.  Next thing I knew, F took one too.  We slept for most of the afternoon!

I got up around 4:30 and decided to start cooking.  A few months ago I read Mark Bittman's New York Times column and he talked about making these mini-omelettes with "stuff" in them, so I decided to make some for us.  The first ones I made had cheese, cucumber and ham in it, the second had asparagus.  They were great actually. I even had F standing beside me eating them as they came out of the pan, as they should be.  However, I didn't have counter space, so I had the plate they were on balanced a little awkwardly and…well you can imagine.  They went flying.  Sigh.  They were so good…and they ended up on the floor.  

A little while later, we decided to go out for dinner.  Tonight was cheap and cheerful night, so we went to Coco's Ichibanchiya Curry.  We both had a spicy chicken curry that was more Indian style than Japanese.  It was quite good actually.  

We bought a few groceries. I needed soy milk, F needed milk and we got some other things.  Then, we came home.

F tried to DVR Sherlock for me, to see if he can do it when I'm away, but it didn't work properly.  It was very annoying because he wanted to check it right away, and I understandably wanted to watch Sherlock!  ARGH.  Anyway, the episode was very good and I enjoyed it…but the next one isn't on next week.  Oh no!  Whatever will I do?

Anyway, I spent the rest of the evening working on a T-shirt project and basically just relaxing.  F has been in a pretty good mood today, which is lovely.  

Not sure what we'll do tomorrow.  We might go to a movie, we might go to the museum, we're just not sure.  Come back tomorrow and find out what we get up to!  Night.

No comments: