August 1, 2014


Friday - Muggy & hot

I got up a little late this morning, but no worries.  I got up and on with my day.  I had a usual morning, I did read the paper (Tsuruoka's Kamo Aquarium got a mention), rolled my eyes at the (bad) advice column, and then worked on my crochet.  I finished the second bag handle.  

I showered and then got on with my day. In the afternoon I scanned my cards which took quite a while.  I had a stack!  I was sending 5 out of Japan, and a whole bunch had arrived.  Between having lunch (yummy leftovers from last night) and working on my postcrossing, there wasn't much time for other things!

F called to say he'd be late.  He was calling from the road.  After he called I jumped on my bike and rode to the postbox to mail my cards.  Going there was fine, but coming back was a bit harder.  A woman passed me in her car.  I hadn't started biking yet as I was waiting for the car to pass me.  Then, just as I got on my bike, the idiot started backing up, straight towards me.  I'm not sure if she meant to stop at the post box or what, but for Pete's sake!  I said a few choice words and I walked around her car, after she stopped that is.  

At home I relaxed and when F came home, I suggested going out right away.  We did and went to Kintaro Sushi.  We had a pretty good meal there. We came home afterwards because I had a date with Odd!  

I used to be a fan of Dean Koontz's novels, and especially one series of a character called Odd Thomas.  A movie version of the first book was on tonight and I really wanted to see it.  I watched it and it was well done.  F did his usual noise making, but I managed not to yell loudly at him!  He settled down and watched it too.  I enjoyed the movie.

I watched a few other bits and bobs tonight, but I'll probably go to bed soon. At least I hope so!  

I'm not sure what we'll get up to tomorrow.  We haven't made any real plans and I don't have to get any shopping, so who knows!  Come back tomorrow night and find out what goes on here.  Night.

No comments: