August 8, 2014


Friday - Muggy and rainy

An okay day. 

I got up this morning at 8 am.  Yes. That is not a typo.  Early for me!  F was up and gone already, and I just couldn't get back to sleep.  I got up and watched the BBC News.

F came home a little later. He had visited his mother and then came home.  He did tell her that he was working today though, even though he took the day off!  Happily, his mother was feeling a bit better today.  He came home and relaxed for a while.  He put a loaf of bread in the breadmaker too.

I watched my shows and had breakfast. I also scanned my cards and wrote a couple more. I did a bit of bed making later.  F took the fresh bread over to his mother's house "on his lunch hour".  When he came home we both tried to have lunch at the same time and kept getting in each other's way!  I had stew and set aside the last little bit for his mother.  

In the afternoon I finished wrapping up presents for my niece's birthday present.  I got them ready to send and then decided to bike them off to the post office.  However, I went outside and discovered that it had started to rain.  I went back in and asked F to drive me.  

I had asked him to take me to the local place, but he didn't, he took me to the main post office. Oh well, we still got things done.  When we finished that we went to McDonalds and had a drink. We chit-chatted and looked up things on his phone. It was silly but okay.

He came home and picked up the stew and a cucumber for his mother and then left.  He was now "finished work" so he checked on her, walked the dog, and then came home. He went to the bedroom and played with his computer while I made my dinner.  

I had rather a nice one.  Garlic and Pepper chicken sauteed, plus a zucchini cut into thin noodle like strips, and a side salad.  Everything was very good!  I left myself some chicken for tomorrow's lunch.

F made himself some dinner too and then we had a nice evening watching TV.  At least I enjoyed it!  I'm a bit sad because the original plan was to watch something that F wouldn't have wanted to watch, but hey…it's no biggie.  

Tomorrow we have the (stupid) pipe/drain inspection at 1:00pm and then I'm not sure what we'll do.  F was talking about going to see a movie or going to see fireworks in Yunohama or Yura.  Never can remember.  So, really, I have no idea how this weekend will go down.  Wish us luck!  Night.

No comments: