September 29, 2014


Monday - Warm and sunny

An okay day today.

I went to bed a bit late last night. I had a shower before I went to bed as I was planning to get up early this morning.  I'm not sure if it was the shower or the excitement of getting up early the next day, but I had a hard time getting to sleep.  

In the morning I did get up, got myself dressed and went off with F in the car. He dropped me off at the Internet Cafe, and I got a massaging chair booth.  I spent the next 4 and a half hours drinking  iced tea and being pummelled by my chair while I read the last three newspapers, did a little crochet, had an unhealthy breakfast and watched a bit of TV.  It was great.  

F and I had pre-arranged that I would meet him for lunch, so he picked me up just after noon.  We went off to S-Mall and had lunch at Subway.  That was really nice to be honest.  We both liked our sandwiches and had a good time together.  We were done quite early so I suggested getting him a couple of other things to eat, since I know that he needs more than a big sandwich for lunch.  We got him some stuff at the grocery store and he took that off for lunch.  I stayed in the mall. I wanted to do a little shopping and to sit and read a bit in the coffee shop.  

I bought a few things at the hundred yen shop, then had my tea.  It was very nice.  I walked home from the mall around 2:30.

It was really nice to come home.  I relaxed by changing my clothes.  F popped in for a visit as he had to pick someone up in a bit.  I changed and then went into the lobby and did the sweeping.  Tomorrow is the last day of our turn.  Yay.  

F had left for work again, and I came back into the apartment.  I relaxed again, and after a bit F came home.  I had planned to start dinner before F came home, but it didn't happen.  I got started fairly soon as I knew it would take some time.  Tonight I made another recipe from Simply Recipes…it was Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Sausage and Kale.  I couldn't find kale so I used spinach, and of course there was no such thing as turkey sausage, but I managed.  Some things were a little fiddly (skinning sausages…yuck) but overall it went well. Oh yes, I cooked my spaghetti squash in the microwave rather than baking it.  It's cooler these days, but not THAT cool!

Finally, I cooked everything in my stir-fry pan and it came together really quickly.  It was good.  I really liked it.  F said he liked it, but I don't think he's such a big fan of spaghetti squash.  

F did the dishes and we had a quiet evening, except that F watched a lot of sport…sorry, not sport…table tennis…on TV.  (Long story…just know that I don't enjoy table tennis due to an ex-student of mine who knew no other topic to talk about in English).  I watched Suits at 11 and then Law & Order at midnight.  F went to bed a little earlier tonight.  I stayed up and finally wrote a review of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes for my Facebook page and then wrote this.  

That's about it. I'm done! Tomorrow I have a lunch date and then we'll see what mischief I can get up to.  Night.

No comments: