September 9, 2014

Tuesday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I got up on time this morning and went out and did my walk.  I went for a little over 30 minutes and it was great.  I came back home, grabbed more water and then opened up my computer.  I was happy to get an invitation from a friend asking me if I'd like to meet up for lunch or coffee.  I emailed her back and said yes! 

I showered and had breakfast, and watched Charmed.  I worked on my computer for a while before getting ready.  When my friend came, we decided where to go and ended up at the Grand El Sun.  We both had chicken for lunch and it was very nice.  We had cold carrot soup, lovely bread, salad and quinoa…first time for me!  We had drinks with our meal too.  Lunch was great.  After we finished, we went and sat outside in the shade for a few minutes and talked.  Neither of us have the chance to do that very often.  There are no shady places near my apartment!

We went over to Athena next, and my friend found a carpet for her apartment.  She bought that and then we did some window shopping in the hundred yen shop.  I didn't buy anything, but my friend picked up a few early Christmas presents.  Sadly, it was time to go after that, and she drove me back home and dropped me off.  

I came in, washed some dishes and made a start on dinner.  I did up the garlic pork and put it back in the fridge.  After F phoned to say he was going to his mother's, I peeled the potatoes and put them in a pan with water.

When F came home, I got him to make his fish soup.  He told me it would take 20 minutes, so I didn't do things like start the potatoes, which I would have done normally.  He was done in less than 10 I think, so we had soup and then a break.  The soup was actually better than I thought it would be.  

I boiled the potatoes and then cooked the pork.  Thankfully, everything came together fairly quickly, so we finished our meal.  It was nice.  The potatoes were good and the pork was too.  I'd deglazed the pan with a bit of Worchestershire sauce, so some of the pork had a nice savoury taste to it.

F did the dishes after dinner, then asked me if I'd like to go and see the moon.  I was in the middle of writing an email, so asked for time.  I thought he meant that we'd go off driving somewhere to see the moon, but he just meant to go outside and look at the moon in the parking area!  

We came back in, but in a few minutes he asked me if I'd like to go for a walk with him.  I said it was fine, and we headed out.  We got a few blocks away and I asked him where he wanted to go.  He suggested the station and I said no way!  I still am having foot problems, I'd already done one big walk today and am planning another for tomorrow, so I really didn't want to stress my foot out even more!  He was pretty agreeable and we came home at that point.  It was lovely out there.

And then this is when it gets a bit weird. We both had some ice cream. No problem.  He had a beer, then some instant ramen, and then made himself udon.  Then, he decided to make some bread for one of the neighbours who had given him some sashimi.  While he was making it, he knocked my bottle of curry powder on the floor and smashed the lid.  Then, he proceeded to get the vacuum out to pick up the curry.  This was after midnight, so I wasn't pleased.  I'm sure the neighbours weren't either.  I tried to get him to throw out the curry because if something spilled out, a contaminant could have gotten IN, but he wouldn't.  ARGH.

Thankfully he went to bed after this because he was driving me a bit crazy!

He's off work tomorrow and while I know he'll be busy with his mother in the morning, I just worry that he'll be with me the rest of the day.  It'll probably be fine.  

Anyway, that was my day.  It was good.  Oh, and F doesn't even know I met up with my friend because he couldn't be bothered to ask me about my day. Ha! I should run.  Night!

Edited to add that he forgot to put yeast in the breadmaker, so he made a big paperweight.  He won't be giving that to the neighbours!

No comments: