October 4, 2014


Saturday - Cloudy and rainy

I slept in this morning.  I wasn't terribly happy about it as I missed my favourite cooking show, but it wasn't a terrible thing.

F had made bread overnight, but it didn't work out very well.  That was 2 loaves…so he decided to make a 3rd loaf.  Huh?  I wasn't too happy with that, but whatever.  

I tried to take a nap, but as usual F decided I didn't need one and he joined me.  It was really sweet (and mostly PG-13) so it turned out nice.  I got up around 1 and started to heat up the last of the stew for lunch.  Yes, it's true, we had lunch at home today!  I added another clove of garlic, plus more curry and let it simmer for a bit. I even added some raisins to the mixture.  It was good. The garlic added a lot of heat, so F liked it better. He would still have liked more heat, but I wouldn't.

In the afternoon, he went to visit his mother and take her the 3rd loaf of bread (which turned out well).  He also got his hair cut. 

He came back and after a bit we headed out to the mall.  We hit up the hardware store first for F, then went into the mall and picked up my pants that I'd had shortened.  Everything was fine with them, so we took them to the car.  Well, F did!

We had dinner in the upstairs food court.  F had ramen and I had bibinba.  Mine was a bit meh today.  We visited Baskin Robbins afterwards and had some nice ice cream.  Sigh.

We got our movie tickets and then did a little extra window shopping.  We had a tea downstairs and then went up to the theatre.  We went to see Guardians of the Galaxy and it was fun to see it again. I actually think I enjoyed it more this time! 

After the movie we drove back to Tsuruoka and went to the grocery store.  F needed some supplies.  Then, we came home and had a relaxing evening.  

Tomorrow I have an AFWJ event and I don't know how late it'll go.  It's a family event, so that should be fun.  Sadly, we planned to have a few people come but for one reason or another they've dropped out.  Their reasons are all perfectly valid, it just is terribly sad.  Sigh.

That's it for me.  I'm not completely sure that I'll update tomorrow night.  I probably will, but if I don't, don't worry about me!  Night.

No comments: