January 19, 2015

Monday - Snowy

An okay day.

I got up mostly on time today and went through to the living room for my X-Files Fix.  They’ll be taking it off soon, so I need to catch up as much as I can.

I had a quiet morning except that F came home to pick something up, and later on to eat his lunch.  I watched my bad TV, read some of my book and the newspaper.  I didn’t take my shower though.  I’ll have to do that tomorrow.

In the afternoon I scanned my cards and didn’t take them to the post office.  I was just going to start cooking when F called and asked me for more help with business English.  I took notes and then emailed him back a bit later.

After I finished that, I started caramelizing some onions.  Well, first I had to chop them up!  I did that and then got them in the pan.  They took a little longer today, probably because I didn’t have the pan on high enough.  While the onions were on the stove, I got the mushrooms washed and cut up, and the table set.  When F came home, everything was done except for the onions, and they were done soon afterwards.

Tonight we had “Make Our Own Pizzas” and it was yummy.  We used bought bases and put on them what we liked.  We cooked them in our toaster oven and then split them.  They were really good.  We could choose from bacon, mushroom, caramelized onion, basil, cheese, sundries tomato or feta.  Honestly, it was fun and delicious.

F did the dishes afterwards and I settled in for some computer time.  There was nothing much on TV, so F got to watch a whole bunch for a change.  At 11 I watched Person of Interest and sat on the couch and darned in some of the ends on my scarf.  It’s going to take a while, sad to say.  I do want to wear my scarf fairly soon though.  


And that’s about it.  It was a good day really.  Tomorrow, I’m not sure what I’ll get up to.  Wish me luck in finding out.  Night.

No comments: