February 3, 2015

Tuesday - Snowy and a bit cold

A good day!

I got up this morning on time and managed to stay awake!  I watched my telly and read a book when it was my reading time.  I have a new book today, Snow Country.  It’s a Japanese novel that I started last year and I stalled while reading it.  I’m just not getting it though.  I think that my kind of writing is the kind that cuts to the chase.  This doesn’t.  However, I shall persevere. I can’t believe I haven’t read any Japanese authors until now.

F came home for lunch again, but he did call first to see if I wanted anything.  I didn’t.  He told me that he was going to take the afternoon off.  His mother needed to go to the doctor again.  

He came, ate lunch and left.  He came back a bit later to change and then left to pick up his mother.  

While he was out, I had my lunch, and I scanned my incoming and outgoing cards for PostCrossing.  It took a while, but I got it done.  I also prepared a bookmooch to go out. I was nearly ready to run off to the post office when F came home.  I told him I needed to go to the post office and he offered to drive me.  I took him up on it.  

I mailed off my stuff, and then we went to S-Mall and had a drink at Doutor.  It was quite nice to have a bit of couple time when we weren’t mad at each other anymore!

We came home and I decided what to make for dinner. I decided not to cook the cauliflower tonight, another night.  Tonight I chopped up some of the leftover potatoes with the leftover carrot and onions and then panfried them and the pork that I had marinated with garlic.  Things came together very quickly and dinner was ready quite quickly.  F had also bought us an ehomaki for the special day today, it was tuna and cucumber, so we had some of that sliced up.  All in all, it was a nice meal.

F did the dishes and we had a quiet evening.  I sat on the couch and finished up my crochet project.  Well, mostly.  I darned in the ends and then sewed it up.  It looks quite good, but is a bit stiff at the moment.  I’m wondering if a wash would be a good idea.  If I have time tomorrow I might put a little edging on it just to finish it.  I’m not sure though.  


And that’s about it for me.  Today was a pretty good day.  Tomorrow I have to sort a few things out and hopefully have a good day!  Until tomorrow then!

No comments: