March 11, 2015

Wednesday - Cold and snowy.

A good day.

I got up on time this morning but had slept surprisingly well.  I was quite pleased about that.  I had a bit of different morning.  F called me and asked me to fix up a co-worker’s English for an email she had to send.  I did it, and sent it off….somewhere!  One of my morning shows wasn’t on today, so I was quite disappointed really.  I think I dozed a bit through it’s replacement.  I also dozed through breakfast!  F called me again, asking me out for lunch and also where the corrections were.  They didn’t arrive.  Since he was going to pick me up anyway, I just printed out what he wanted and gave that to him.

I didn’t have much time, so I made the bed, got dressed and then he was here!  We went to Bikkuri Donkey!! for lunch and it was nice.  I can’t have the lunch specials as they are quite high calorie for me but I ordered off the regular menu.  Since our meal took a little too long to arrive, I volunteered to walk home from the main road, if F would let me out of the car.  He did and I did.  It was cold out there.  I had worn my winter coat, but not my hat.  Luckily I have a hood, but it doesn’t stay up in the wind.  

At home again, I scanned some postcards, wrote another one and watched a bit of TV.  I walked to the post office a bit late tonight to mail my cards, but it was still light.  And still blooming cold!  I wore boots and a hat this time.  Brr.  

F came home early tonight and we made plans to go back out right away.  He needed gas for the car, I needed kerosene for the apartment.  But first, the mall.  We got there and the signs about the remembrance ceremony were gone.  Hmm.  We finally found one and it turned out that the remembrance ceremony wasn’t at the mall, it was at the Art Forum.  I asked F why he didn’t tell me that on the weekend when we talked about going and he said he didn’t read the sign.  Umm, what? I am quite functionally illiterate in this country, I would think that he would check the details.  

So fine.  We leave the mall, get the gas and the kerosene and the go to the Art Forum.  The place has a teeny little parking space.  F drives in at 6:55 expecting to find a place.  He doesn’t and has to back out.  Except now two cars are trying to come in the parking lot too.   There’s no space.  One does move, the other has it’s lights on high and F can’t see to back up.  Idiots.

We finally get out of that parking lot and go to City Hall’s one.  We parked there and walked back to the Art Forum.  We went upstairs and saw what turned out to be a concert/Candle light ceremony commemorating the earthquake.  Of course, I had no idea what was being said, but some of the music was rather nice.  Afterwards, they asked us to sign a piece of cloth in the lobby.  I did, I put something like, “We will go on, but we will never forget….” I’m not sure if it was a good thing to write or not.  Other people wrote things like “Smile” which just sounded flippant to me.  

We walked back to the car afterwards and went for dinner to Misono, a local Japanese family restaurant.  I had a vegetable stirfry set meal and F had a big bowl of soba, which was basically ramen.  We both were pleased with our meals.  
I
We bought some groceries afterwards.  I’ll cook for the next couple of nights.  I did some more sewing on my baby blanket.  I only have one more seam to finish and then I’ll be able to do an edging of sorts for it.  I wonder what I should do.  Hmmm.  Honestly, I am so loving this baby blanket and I don’t want to give it away!

I watched a bit of TV and fed F a piece of my apple crumble…oh, and me too.  That was nice.  


Really that was about it for my day.  Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow so you’ll have to come back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: