May 24, 2015

Sunday - Sunny and hot- gorgeous day

A good day.

I got up this morning and got dressed before 11am.  Yay me.  F and I decided to go to one restaurant which sadly wasn’t open yet, so we had to change.  On a normal Sunday, it wouldn’t matter, but today we were planning to see a movie early in the day.  We drove on to Komagi Spa, and had lunch there.  We had the buffet, and although I didn’t eat that much, I enjoyed it. The only downside was I took a piece of fish that had a million bones in it.  Yuck.  I kept trying to fish them out of my mouth.  I finally gave up on the fish!

We drove back to the theatre and of course with the big Tenjin Matsuri tomorrow, they had blocked off our way.  F did not do the sensible thing and go in the direction of the theatre, he went the opposite direction.  Argh!  We made it to the theatre on time by the skin of our teeth.   We had to divide to conquer.  I got the popcorn & drinks, F got the movie tickets.  

We made it just in time.  We saw The Imitation Game and I really liked it.  Of course, I’m a Benedict fan, and I love Keira too, but it was good.  It was so sad and I got a little teary at the end.  

After the movie, we checked out the bakery in the theatre and then came home.  F got all the fishing gear ready, I changed into something less nice and off we went to Kamo Port.  We found a nice corner of the dock when we got there, and put in our lines, but sadly, all we caught today were 4 tiny fugu (puffer fish). We threw them back in.

We left around 6, F dropped me off at home and helped unload the car, then went to take care of his mum and dog.  

When he came back, we talked about dinner.  We used to go to the evil place after fishing trips, but we didn’t want to do that tonight.  We decided to go to an izakaya tonight and drove off.  We had a nice meal there, but I realized later that all but one of our dishes were based around vegetables!  There’s nothing wrong with that of course…we had nama ham salad, local bamboo root grilled, local bamboo root tempura, asparagus with pork wrapped around it and dry squid grilled.  It was quite expensive too.  Maybe the evil place would have been better?

We came home via the grocery store.  I’m going to do a tangent on takoyaki tomorrow.  At least,  that’s my plan at the moment.  Tuesday we’ll probably have tandori chicken.  I’m looking forward to that.

At home I watched Downton Abbey and did a little crochet, then turned off the TV and came to my computer.  I’m really tired and need to go to bed soon!  All that sunshine no doubt!


Until tomorrow….

No comments: