May 26, 2015

Tuesday - Warm and Sunny

An okay day.

I woke up late this morning and came through to the living room.  I promptly fell asleep on the couch.  It took me ages to wake up.  Finally I did have breakfast and also did a work out, but it wasn’t morning by then!

I did my computer stuff, watched some of the weekend TV that I had recorded on the DVR. I also scanned the cards that I had written last night.  I had lunch which was a mixture of the instant spaghetti I have from the grocery store plus the leftovers from last night.  They were all rather nice and I enjoyed my lunch.  When I finished lunch I set up the chicken for tonight’s dinner to marinate.

Around 5 I biked to the post office and mailed my cards, then I came back and did the dishes.  Then I went out into the lobby and swept the place.  I had it looking nice for a bit.  

Fumihiko was a bit late tonight, but I used the time when he was out to prep the new potatoes and set the table.  When he called to say he was on the way, I turned on the gas under the potatoes and kicked everything else into gear.  When he came home I offered him some cold brewed tea, then started the chicken cooking in the toaster oven.  When he finally came over to the table we had a nice meal.  We had tandori-style chicken, new potatoes with dill and parsley, sautéed mushrooms and pickles and salad.  It worked out quite nicely.  I did the second helping of tandori but had to give it a little bit longer cooking time.  The potatoes were lovely.  I put a little bit of sour cream on mine and with freshly ground black pepper they were amazing!  I think Fumihiko was quite impressed with dinner to be honest!

After dinner and the dishes, we made a quick trip to the grocery store.  I was out of yogurt for the morning and needed some soy milk.  We got some salad dressing too, and a few other things.  

We came home and I spent a couple of hours on the chesterfield watching Criminal Minds and then Drop Dead Diva.  I wasn’t just watching TV, I was darning the ends of my squares in.  I did all 16 of the little ones.  I still have five dark blue ones to do, but I’ll try and do them in the daytime because of the better light.
That was about that for the day.  F is off work in the morning, but will take his mum to the doctor and may take her to lunch too.  I’m trying to encourage that.  I think she’d like to be pampered a bit.  

I hope to see you here next time when we all find out what I get up to!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: