June 18, 2015

Thursday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I got up a bit late this morning, I think I ended up snoozing a little on the couch, but did have my breakfast and some cold tea.  I was going to start my workout early, but I had to do something, which led to something else. Anyway, my cellphone rang and it was F.  He was being sweet, he was inviting me out for lunch, but I hadn’t done my workout yet.  I had planned a long one for today, but ended up doing two short ones instead.  

I was still a little sweaty when F picked me up, but I had warned him about that!  We went to the local Chinese restaurant.  I had stir-fried vegetables and F had some ramen.  Mine was fine, his less so.  

He dropped me off at home and after a brief minute in the apartment, went back to work.  I did some computer stuff and then took my lovely blanket outside to get some pictures under natural light.  I had to be careful where I put it, but I think I did okay.  I then brought the blanket back in the apartment and put it in the washing machine.  It looked great even after all of that!

The "arty" outdoor shot!




I got a start on dinner tonight when F was over at his mother’s.  It was pretty simple tonight.  We had  garlic-soy pork and maitake mushrooms sautéed, with some of the leftover potato salad.  It just keeps getting better and better.  I am definitely going to make that again!

After dinner, F did the dishes and I did a bit of postcrossing.  I have 5 cards that I’ll need to scan and stamp tomorrow.  F went out for a walk this evening.  I think he’s getting into this exercise thing too.  

That’s about it for me.  I wrote some email today.  Oh, my niece got her present for her graduation.  She even sent me a thank-you email so I was quite pleased!



Tomorrow, sending the cards, dinner and wrapping up the blanket are on my agenda.  Come back later and find out if I get it all done.  Until tomorrow….

4 comments:

Rosa said...

It's really lovely! The blue at the edge makes a perfect border for it, much better than just the gray by itself. I also like the shots in natural light; artificial light changes the colors too much.

I'm curious to see what you choose for your next project!

Helen said...

Thank you! I thought the navy was a good edging too as it picks up one of the colours from the middle.

Ironically, I might do another one of the same blanket as I ordered about double the amount of yarn that I needed. I'll cycle the colours around a bit though so it won't look exactly the same!

I'm not sure what I'll do next though really! I have a long postponed thread piece for my sister that I should pick up and finish...but...

MsMouse7 said...

The blanket turned out great!! And the "arty" shot showed it off quite well. I am positive the receivers will love it. And if they don't, send it to me. Can't wait to see what your next project will be.

Helen said...

Thank you! I am hopeful that they will love it as much as I do!