July 17, 2015

Friday-Cloudy, hot, with a little rain

A good day.  I got up this morning on time, watched my show, had some tea, real tea today and when I was ready, did my workout.  It went well.

F magically appeared around 12:20 bearing a bento for his lunch. For a change he didn’t ask me if I wanted one.  Yay, cause I didn’t.  He did however give me some money!  He wasn’t coming home in the evening and I think he wanted to make sure I could go out if I wanted to.

Around 4 I went out.  I biked to the mall and had a sandwich at Subway.  It was good, the new broiled tandoori chicken one.  Afterwards, I biked off to the closest post office and finally tracked down one of the Gotochi cards I’d been looking for. I bought it and a couple of other cards and some stamps.  I mailed off my cards too.  

I then biked to the theatre and went to see The Trip to Italy with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.  I loved it!  They were eating their way through Italy, plus stopping in at various places important to English Literature, so I was in my glory.  I also really liked the impressions that the two did.  I know it is a sequel to an earlier film they did in the Lake District, but I hadn’t seen that.  It was just a fun movie.  I originally felt mean that I wasn’t seeing it with F, but I don’t know if he would have got the movie the same way I did.  Oh, and one super-embarrassing thing was that F phoned me just before the movie started!  I hadn’t turned off my cellphone yet and I was quite embarrassed.  I grabbed my phone and went out into the lobby to talk to him. It was two minutes before the movie started.  And of course I was the only foreigner there.  I made sure to turn off my phone after that!

After the movie I came home via a convenience store.  I bought a few things for the evening and continued home.  

I made dinner at home.  I had my soup re-heated and a lot of salad too.  It was nice.  I watched a bit of regular TV and then when I ran out of programmes, I watched some of the TV on the DVR.  That was good.  F called me around 2:00 to say that he missed me.  He sounded quite inebriated!  

I haven’t done a few of the things that I hoped to do, but it is late now and I think I’ll pop off to bed as soon as I’m done this.  I’m very tired now!  I’m not sure if I’ll be here tomorrow night or not.  We may pop out for a night since it is a long weekend here.  Don’t miss me too much!  Until next time….

No comments: