July 24, 2015

Friday - Rainy and humid

A good day.

I got up on time this morning to discover that my early morning drama has been changed to something that I’ve already seen before.  Sigh.  Oh well, it’s still worth getting up for, but not quite as much!  I had an early breakfast today and also did a two mile walk behind the couch.  That quite blows F’s mind when I tell him I walked for two miles behind the couch!  He asked me today if I went back and forth for two miles!  I do, for part of it, but not all of it!

After I finished my workout, I got on with using my new slow cooker.  I washed it, and then plugged it in and prepped the veggies and the soup base for it.  I put everything in, which took a bit of time, and let it do its thing.  

In the afternoon I watched a couple of things on the DVR, including the first episode of Broadchurch 2.  It was good, lots of great actors in it so I’m looking forward to seeing more, maybe next week?

I scanned my postcards today to send out, but because the weather was horrible most of the day, didn’t mail them.  I’ve asked F to mail them on his way out tomorrow. 

When F came home tonight I got dinner out really quickly.  We were just having a simple soup and salad meal.  He’d made bread over night, so we had some French bread with it too.  It was pretty good.  I had made chicken & vegetable soup and together with a gussied up store salad things were nice.  In this heat, we don’t really need or want a lot to eat and this worked for us.  

F did the dishes and we settled in for a quiet evening.  I watched Castle from the couch where I did a big brown square.  I weighed the yarn before I started and then how much a square weighed.  Unfortunately, I don’t think I have quite enough of the brown yarn to cover 8 squares plus ends, so I think I’ll do a little bit of fun stuff!  I hope I still think it is fun when I have to darn in the ends later on!


And that’s about it for my day.  We have no plans for the weekend.  I think it might be a stay at home and relax weekend as F isn’t doing well with the weather.  Come back tomorrow night and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: