September 21, 2015

Monday - Warm and Sunny, gorgeous day!

And a good day….

I got up quite early this morning.  F was up earlier and off to his mother’s house, but I got up and even showered.  I had just finished when he came back.  I watched Burn Notice and then we had some tea.

We had a nice quiet morning, left here around 11:45 to go to the craft store for my replacement hook.  Sadly, they don’t stock the same kind that I broke, so I got another one in the same size and hoped for the best.  Different manufacturers can vary the size of their hooks, even though technically they are the same size!

We drove off to Voice and waited for our friends to arrive.  They were a tad late, but we called the restaurant and told them we were running late.  We met up and then drove to the restaurant.  We had a lovely meal at F’s favourite place, Naa.  It’s an old farmhouse so the space is really neat.  The food is home grown, F says it is also organic.  It was good.  I had both pork and fish, so did he.  Most of the others just had the pork.  I think everyone liked it, although some people felt that the meat portion was too small….actually, I do too!

We weren’t ready to go home yet, so we went to S-Mall to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream.  It was rather fun.  Both F and I had only one type each, but the others had double scoops. I tried the Baseball Nuts and it was really nice. It was vanilla ice cream with black raspberry threads and cashew nuts.  F had Banana Split Supreme and said it was nice. We chatted and laughed, but finally had to break up our party.  We went upstairs and saw them off in their car, then F suggested going downstairs again and having a drink, so we did that!

We spent a nice few minutes at Doutors.  I had my last Royal Soy Milk Tea for a while and then we hacked the hundred yen shop.  I got a few things, mostly for our apartment.  We came home after that and relaxed for a bit.  

F went over to his Mum’s house to take care of the dog and do a little shopping for her. I stayed home and worked on my Postcard blog.  I have entries almost until I come back, which is quite good I think.

We went out for dinner around 7:15.  F wanted yakitori, but the place was closed, then the yakiniku place he wanted to go to was full until after 9 pm.  His next yakiniku place was closed too, but the third one was open and we only had to wait a few minutes to get in.  Score.  We had a nice meal there.

I was trying to get home in time to attend a meeting on Skype, but it turns out that Skype was down for everyone, so the meeting didn’t happen.  They’ll try again tomorrow night, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to attend.  I need a quiet night and to get some sleep.

So, to that end, I’ll just let you know that I won’t be blogging tomorrow night, and that blogging will likely be light for the foreseeable future.  I’m not sure how much computer time I’ll have when I’m in Canada.  I’d rather spend time with friends and family while I have them around! However, I’m sure I’ll be back sometime in October with all the mundane details of my life!  Until then….


Rosa said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to read all about it. :)

Helen said...

Thank you!

MsMouse7 said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip! There should be minimal smoke, if any, because the fires are slowing down.

Helen said...

Thank you! Good news about the fires. I"m glad to hear it!