October 29, 2015

Thursday - Rainy and colder

A good day.

I got up this morning and went through to the living room, did my usual stuff and even did a workout this morning.  I was in the midst of said workout when F called to see if I needed anything.   I actually did, so asked him to pick up some plain yogurt for me.  

After F came and had lunch here, he left again.  I tried to get into writing but it took ages to do any.  I took a shower first and did some computer stuff before I got down to work.  I wrote one movie review and the F called to say he was on his way home.  Sigh.

I got dinner started, but it took a while tonight.  I was making oven baked sweet potato fries again, but they took a long time.  Tonight I used the turntable in the bottom of the microwave to bake the sweet potatoes on.  It’s made out of stoneware, so can take the heat. It worked quite well, but I didn’t cut the potatoes small enough so I had to do many sessions of baking.  Still, it worked.  I also made some dip for them out of the yogurt that F brought me.  I drained some yogurt and added in a clove of garlic and some lemon juice.  It was much lower in calories than the mayo called for in the original recipe, and it was very yummy.  

We also had some tandoori style chicken with it all, plus some of the big salad from Costco, so we ate quite well.  F seemed to really enjoy his meal, and I did too.

He did the dishes and I tried to write.  I got a little bit done after F went to bed, but I still have to cover at least one more movie (but I know which one I’m doing) and polish the whole thing.  I hope I get it done by tomorrow.  

F had an early night. I don’t think he’s feeling too well and I feel a bit pre-cold myself.  I think it is the season changes again.  Sigh.


Tomorrow I’m cooking dinner again, but it hopefully won’t be so labour intensive.  I also have to finish my column and get it sent in to the editor.  Wish me luck with that.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: