October 6, 2015

Tuesday - Warm and Sunny, gorgeous day

A good day.

I slept a little late this morning.  It made a nice change to be honest! I went upstairs before 8 though and had breakfast (yogurt and cereal) and then came downstairs to work out.  I did a half hour on the treadmill and then took a shower.  I had a very quick lunch before my sister and I went out.

We drove into Edmonton, facing some quite bad traffic along the way.  We visited an elderly relative of ours in her senior residence.  It was lovely to see her, she's 93 and doing fairly well.  She gave us a few mementoes from our families history, some photographs and even a sweater that our mother made for her!  That was rather wonderful, since neither of us have anything that she made.  Unfortunately it doesn't fit either of us, but it is so nice to just have it!

We had to leave after a short time as my sister had to pick up her son.  She let me out at Southgate Mall and I did a little shopping.  I tried on a few things in The Bay, but thought they were a little expensive.  I was sorely tempted by a couple of dresses and a pair of boyfriend jeans, but really didn't want to spend the money yet.  I decided to leave them all and come back later if I decided to get them.

I was thirsty, so went for a drink and decided to have some root beer.  Since I was at an A&W, I added on an order of onion rings.  They were awesome!  Freshly made, so hot and crunchy.  Yummy.

I thought about going to Sears too, but decided to leave the mall and go to Whyte Avenue a little early. I went to the bus station and waited far too long for a bus.  It took about 25 minutes to arrive and it really shouldn't have!  I rode the bus to Whyte Ave and enjoyed the view.

I nearly bumped into an ex-coworker, but sadly she didn't see me, and I didn't recognize her until she was past me. Oh dear.  I had hoped to talk to her, but I didn't have the chance.

I did a little bit of walking along Whyte Ave. It was quite bittersweet to see everything again.  I was amazed at how many places had changed, even in the last two years.  I enjoyed my walk, and even made it as far as The Wee Book Inn, across from the Princess Theatre.  Of course, I took pictures of The Princess!  I went into The Wee Book Inn and bought 3 books.  After that, I hightailed it back to the restaurant and met up with my friend and ex-coworker.

We had dinner at The Continental Treat and it was amazing as always!  We started with our favourite Dill Pickle Soup, and then had a main course.  My friend had wiener schnitzel and I had a baked chicken breast in a white wine mushroom sauce.  It was so nice.  We decided to splurge on dessert too. I had worked out for 30 minutes in the morning after all!  I had a chocolate pyramid with creme brulee in the centre with ice cream and whipped cream on the side.  It was amazing.  Seriously amazing.

When it was time to go, my friend walked me over to the University and I caught the LRT down to Century Park where my sister was going to pick me up.  I had no trouble and even spotted her as soon as I got out of the station.

We came back to Beaumont where I came downstairs to get ready for bed.  I'm quite tired and hoping to get some sleep soon.

It was a fabulous day and it was wonderful to see my relative and my friend again.  I'm not sure what I'm going to get up to tomorrow.  Come on back and find out!  Until tomorrow....

No comments: