December 9, 2015

Wednesday - Clear

A good day.

I got up just on time this morning and had a usual sort of day.  I was so sleepy that instead of getting organized during the 10:00-10:30 break in shows I just fell asleep.  I woke up about an hour later. Oops.  

I did do a workout today, and I tried to hurry because I thought F would come home.  He didn’t. After my workout I scrubbed a couple of sweet potatoes and put them in my slow cooker to cook.

I had a quiet but fairly busy afternoon.  I finally wrapped a couple of gifts to send overseas.  They are quite big so I’m worried about the cost.  I had hoped to get to the post office, but didn’t finish wrapping in time.  I also had lunch and watched 3 episodes of Under the Dome, so got that off the DVR machine.  Still have a lot of other stuff to watch.  

In the evening, I got dinner underway before F came home. The sweet potatoes were cooking away and I prepped the chicken, and decided what to do with my little eggplants.  In the end we had herb roasted chicken and pan-fried eggplant with salad and the sweet potatoes. Oh, and instant miso soup. F turned up his nose at my sweet potatoes though, he said they were a snack, not part of a meal.  Oh really?  They were part of MY meal!  He did praise dinner which made me happy.

He did the dishes today and then we settled in for a night of telly.  Which in our case was Japanese and was not very good.  I took over the TV at 10 and worked on my Christmas tree a bit more.  I think I have decided not to send them out this year.  They aren’t quite ready.  I hope to finish them before Christmas and then give them away next year….That’s my plan at the moment!

Since last time I have added a trunk and a couple of small decorations at the top.

I also got to work and finished up my Christmas Cards that have to go overseas.  I have a few cards left for my friends in Japan, but I’m already late for Canada according to the Japan website.  Oh well.  Better late than never I think.

I was hoping to go and see a movie tomorrow morning, but I can’t find my movie point card.  I don’t know if I will after all then.  


Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow…. 

2 comments:

Rosa said...

I like those x-mas trees. Are you also crocheting each little ornament? Or are they little pom-poms? Little jingle bells would be cool, too. (It's probably good that I don't know how to crochet or else I'd already be on my way to get some green yarn!)

Your recent entry about your trip has me wanting to take a little getaway myself. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

Helen said...

I am crocheting each little ornament and then sewing it on! Bells would be cool, but finding them small enough might be difficult. This whole thing is about a foot long I think.

My trip was great. I really enjoy getting away by myself sometimes. I love going to Sendai and it was nice to be able to spend time where I wanted, rather than where F doesn't mind going!

Thanks for visiting!