February 12, 2016

Friday - Clear and sunny, cold

A good day.

I got up a little early this morning and filled up the kerosene tanks.  I also stayed up and watched The X-Files while I had breakfast.  It was one of the odd ones about the family that couldn’t feel pain.  Unfortunately, I snoozed during Castle.  When I woke up, I realized I had it on the DVR so watched it there.  Yay me.  

I did a two mile walking workout today. It was the first time I’ve done this video and it was quite good.  Some parts were hard, but other parts were fine.  It also used bands so that was good for my arms.  

I was trying to watch something that I had DVR’d when the machine went all screwy again.  It has sound, but the picture doesn’t show.  I’ve tried to turn it off and turn it back on, but it doesn’t help.  It usually comes back overnight, so let’s keep our fingers crossed.

I had a yummy lunch of leftovers and then I scanned my outgoing postcards and walked them off to the post office.  I was glad to be able to get out of the apartment and even more glad because it wasn’t getting dark quite then.  

When I came home, I started working on the guacamole.  Yes, we were having guacamole and tortilla chips for dinner. I made up the avocados and added a little bit of this and that.  I let it sit for a while for the flavours to meld.  I washed the days dishes and left them to dry.  

F was quite late today.  He had to drive to Yamagata, so wasn’t back on time.  When he came home he was tired but he changed his clothes and we sat on the couch for dinner.  We’d bought some vegetable sticks last night to have with the guacamole, however, I unfortunately ended up dropping them on the floor.  I have no idea how I did that.  Sigh.  We ate all of the guacamole and a good deal of the bought salsa.  It was a good dinner and I tried not to have too many chips!

We had a quiet evening together.  During tonight’s Castle I did both crochet and knitting and they both went well.  Hurray for that.  

I am going to try and get to sleep soon as tomorrow might be a bit of a stressful day.  I have a doctor’s appointment and a dentist’s appointment so I don’t think I’ll have fun until they are over. 

Come back later and find out about my day.  Will we go and see a movie?  Will the DVR magically start working again?  You’ll just have to wait, until tomorrow....


Jessica Tsuzuki said...

Good luck with the DVR and the appointments! I hope it all goes well!

Helen said...

Thank you! The DVR did come back...not sure what it is doing when it goes wonky, the appointments were okay, about what I expected!