February 21, 2016

Sunday - Cold with a skiff of snow

A good day.

I slept in today because it is Sunday and I needed to!  No problem though. I got up around 11 and we decided to go to Shonai-Machi to the restaurant near Amarume station. First though, we had to go to the post office to pick up my parcel.  I went in and had to wait a few minutes, but it was mine, all mine soon enough! After that, we drove out of town to the restaurant.

We went to Meet-You(or it could be Meat-You and would be much cleverer!), and had to wait for 15 minutes or so, but got in.  We had a lovely lunch of pork steak.  It was yakiniku style, so we cooked it ourselves, plus had a lovely salad, miso soup, rice and pickles.  We added on a drink and dessert too and were quite happy with everything.  

After lunch we just came home.  F had forgotten his medicine, so we came home to get it and never left.  Grump. I did open my box of presents and got a couple of shirts and a pair of yoga pants from my sister.  Perfect! F ended up falling asleep on the couch and didn’t wake up until 6:00pm when he started talking about dinner.  I suggested going to S-Mall for a tea and a little shopping before dinner because I wasn’t very hungry yet.

We did that, and it was nice.  We had a Royal Soy Milk Tea or a coffee in Doutors and then walked around the shops a bit.  We didn’t buy anything at the grocery store, but got a couple of things at the hundred yen shop.  After that, we left the mall as it was closing soon! I reeled off a few restaurant suggestions for F and he picked one, then changed his mind. 

We ended up going to Nagomi, the little Japanese soba/udon restaurant that we often go to.  It wasn’t busy tonight and when we went they told us they were out of soba.  F had a kaisen-don, assorted raw fish on rice and I had a yaki udon nabe.  We were both really pleased with our meals.  F actually liked the fish in his and I loved my nabe.  It was fun having my own clay pot to eat out of as well.

After dinner, we did some grocery shopping and then came home.  We had a fairly quiet evening.  I tried to watch Downton Abbey, but it wasn’t on for some reason.  Ack!  It was a show about Downton Abbey, but it was dubbed into Japanese. I left it on and worked on my knitting.  I’m trying to get my hat finished before winter is over! I’ve finally started to decrease, but I think my poor hat isn’t going to be very good at all!

And that was about it for my day.  I had hoped to do a few other things today, but it wasn’t to be.  Tomorrow I need to get a start on my column, and figure out what the focus of my column will be.  Come back next time and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: