January 31, 2016

Sunday - Snowy

A good day.

I woke up around 8 this morning, and then went back to sleep for a couple more hours.  Sigh.  I finally sat up in bed around 10:30 and got up.  F was watching TV in the living room with lights and heat on today, so that was good.

He had to run an errand and also visit his mother.  He’d made some bread and wanted to take her half of a loaf, so off he went.  

He didn’t come back until almost 2 pm, which meant that a lot of the restaurants we like to go to would be finished their lunch time by the time we arrived.  I plumped for Bikkuri Donkey!! and that’s where we went.  We had a fairly nice meal there.  We both had their nabe dishes, F had his with rice and miso soup, I had mine without.  It was fairly good.

F and I talked about what else to do during the day.  I wanted to go and get a souvenir to take to Sendai with me for my ex-student.  I took one for her last time and forgot to give it to her.  Ack.  This time I MUST remember.  

We stopped in at the taxi company and ordered me a taxi for Tuesday morning.  I have to go to the bus station and F will be working.  I thought about going to the hotel early when he leaves for work, but it is too early.  Hopefully they will come on time and things will work out!

We drove to S-Mall and got my ex-student something in the grocery store, then had a cup of orzo each in Doutors.  While there, F suggested going to see the one English movie we hadn’t seen yet.  I had heard it was terrible, but what the heck.  It was in 3D, so I suggested going home and picking up our 3D glasses from last week, since we have to pay for them.

We got home and I found mine easily, he couldn’t find his.  We both looked.  I think searched out an old pair of glasses that I had from years ago and gave them to him.  

We headed out to Mikawa shopping centre.  When we got there we first bought our tickets.  It wasn’t bad today because we’d filled up our point cards.  All we had to pay for was the surcharge for the 3D movie.  

We had time for dinner.  F said he wanted to have ramen (what else?) so he went off to a ramen shop, I went off to the pasta restaurant around the corner.  I had a really nice dish of fettucine with salmon and spinach in a cream sauce.  It was small but nice.  

I was done before F, so I went and sat outside his ramen shop.  I noticed that he wasn’t eating so I sent him a text to say I was watching him!  It surprised him and he paid and left!

We went upstairs and saw In the Heart of the Sea with Chris Hemsworth.  It was okay.  I didn’t really like the subject matter…Moby Dick was not my favourite American novel and this story of the story it was based on didn’t really grab me.  It was okay, and some of the cast was good, but it is completely missable in my opinion.  

When the movie finished, we decided to buy a few groceries at the mall for dinner tomorrow night.  We picked up a few things and then came home.  

Here at home I did 3 postcards up for Postcrossing and then during Downton Abbey, I finished my new scarf.  I like it.  I’m not going to take it to Sendai with me because I think it is too easy lose, but I might change my mind.  



And really, that is about it for my day.  It was quite good.  It was nice not to fight with my husband and always nice to get things ready for my trip. Come back tomorrow for a quick update.  If for some reason I can’t post tomorrow, I’ll likely see you back here next Sunday or Monday.  Until tomorrow…?

Oh, before I forget....here's a sneak peek at my scarf.  This was taken before I put the edging on it.  It still looks a lot like this!



No comments: