March 14, 2016

Monday - Cloudy and a bit rainy

A good day.

I got up late this morning and to make it worse, F had just arrived at home.  ACK.  He had just popped in for a minute or two between work assignments.  I said hi and chased him out.  Not really.  I had tea and breakfast and The X-Files…have to watch it tomorrow to see what happens.

I got dressed in my workout gear, but somehow never did workout.  Sigh.  I just wasn’t feeling it.  I did do some laundry and cleaning so I wasn’t a total lazy bum today.

In the afternoon I watched some of the stuff on the DVR including the missing Downton Abbey minutes.  Watched the whole thing again, love it so much.  Would like to do grievous bodily harm to Thomas, however.  Don’t like him at all.  

F called to say he was coming home in a bit and I got started on dinner.  Today I made herb roasted chicken, steamed broccoli with lemon and garlic and my favourite easy potato salad.  It doesn’t have any mayonnaise so it is a little lighter than the usual type. Dinner came together fairly quickly and was quite nice.  F added in some rice to his.  

He did the dishes and then we did something different.  We went out.  Cocos had mud pie on for half price for White Day, so we went and had one.  We shared it and had drink bar too.  It was nice for me to get out of the apartment and nice to be in public together.  

We came home and at 11 pm I watched a bit of TV. I did a few postcards up too for postcrossing. F slept on the couch and then went to bed.  He has a long day ahead of him tomorrow.


That’s about it for me for today.  Come back later if you’d like and hear about my Tuesday.  Until tomorrow….

4 comments:

Rosa said...

It was also pi day (3.14), so you had pie on pi day!

I gave up on Downton Abbey after Edith's big surprise. I haven't watched another episode since. I hear the finale is pretty good, though I don't know if I want to backtrack to get the story up to that point.

Helen said...

Which big surprise? There's been a couple along the way!

I love Downton Abbey, but I also don't have a whole lot of choice of things to watch here! There are so many things about the show to love, particularly Maggie Smith, but the whole thing is so funny that I enjoy it so much. Of course there are a lot of episodes where happenings aren't funny but....

I don't know if it was really mud pie...it was a few scoops of ice cream with fruit and cream in a fried tortilla shell, but it was a nice change :-)

Rosa said...

I wasn't sure if I would be spoiling anything (since I don't know how far behind your broadcasts are!), but I meant the pregnancy/baby thing. I do love Maggie Smith--and I though Shirley MacLaine did a great job as the American mom, too.

Helen said...

We're in the middle of season 4, so the pregnancy thing has just finished. Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti are both in England in the show now. I know some of what's coming up, but appreciate you not spoiling things!