March 16, 2016

Wednesday - Sunny and warmer

A good day.

I got up early this morning.  Quite shocked myself!  I came through and did my usual breakfast/tea/X-Files thing.  I had porridge this morning though, added in a couple of frozen raspberries.  Yum!

I changed into my workout clothes and started my workout and of course F came home for lunch about halfway through.  I was a bit grumpy but then thought,“Whatever” and kept on with what I was doing.  It was quite good.  I did a workout with the tension band today.  After I finished I did have a little chat with him so things were really fine.

After he left I got on with my stuff and even had a bit of an early lunch today.  I finished up things from the last couple of dinners and they were good.

Later on, I decided to try my hand at baking.  I made Irish Soda Bread, partially because tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day, and partially because I wanted to try out my new pan!  Anyway, I had to test the baking soda because my box, although unopened, had expired.  I did a test and it fizzed a lot, so I decided to go ahead and try it.  I halved the recipe because there's only the two of us, so I had to add more flour because the mix was a bit wet.  Still, it came together and I got it in the oven.  F called to say he was finished work and by the time he came home, it had been out of the oven for a few minutes and was okay to eat.

I treated him to some Irish Soda Bread and some Yorkshire tea, courtesy of my friend in the next town.  The bread went down a treat.  I had used craisins instead of raisins and they were nice.  If I do it again, I might try a more savoury version.


We ate and watched Passenger 57 which was incredibly silly to both of us in the post 9/11 age.  Still, it was fun and F loved the airplanes and kept trying to explain that the exteriors didn't match the interiors of the planes!

We went out for dinner to Cocos Ichibancho Curry and both had Grand Mother's Curry.  I had mine plain and with smaller rice, he had his with fried squid.  It was a nice dinner.

We bought groceries for the next couple of nights at the store.  We're going to have buta kimchee itame tomorrow night, and on Friday we might have okonomiyaki at home, or I might do tuna patties, I haven't really decided.  

F went to bed fairly early.  I did a bit of crochet, bringing my purse almost up to 26 cm....just a little bit more, and then coming over to my computer for a little bit of internet fun.  


I'm not sure what is on the schedule for tomorrow. I still would like to go out for a little, but may end up staying home.  If you come back on Thursday, you can satisfy your curiousity, if you have any!  Until tomorrow....

No comments: