April 5, 2016

Tuesday - Sunny and warm

A good day.

I woke up early again this morning, but didn’t go back to bed.  Instead, I snoozed on the couch for a while.  It was a bit better than sleeping in for hours.  A bit.  I got up and dressed and was going to do an early workout when F called to say he was coming home.  

He’d taken half a day off today so that he and his mother could deal with Gombei’s remains.  He’d made arrangements for him to be cremated.  His mother wanted to have the remains at her house, so F had to arrange it all.  I don’t know the details in depth, but F took his mother to the place and there was apparently some sort of ceremony with a Buddhist priest chanting and such.  

While he was away, I did a workout and then I had my lunch and by the time I was ready to do my dishes, F was back.  He’d had lunch with his mother so I didn’t need to worry about that.

F relaxed for a while and then we went out to Mister Donut and had a couple of cups of coffee or royal milk tea.  We didn’t have any doughnuts though.  After that, we hit up the grocery store and got a few things to go with dinner, and then came home.

I started making the taco salad right away.  I washed some tomatoes, shredded some cheese, and finally cooked the ground meat.  I mixed some ground chicken in with the beef/pork mix from the store to lighten it.  I even toasted the tortilla chips because they were getting just a touch stale.  

Everything came together and worked.  Tonight I decided that we’d make our own salads, rather than me making one big one.  Last time I did that,  the leftover tortilla chips in the salad got soggy overnight.  Anyway, it was really yummy.  I thought the taco seasoning had a nice kick to it, but F didn’t think so!  He does like spicier food than I do.  

At the end we had leftover meat, salad, fake sour cream, cheese, and tomatoes, but no tortilla chips.  I guess my lunch tomorrow will be a meat salad?!

F didn’t do the dishes for hours.  I even offered to do them for him, but he said he would.  Okay then.  I did some postcrossings and wrote 5 cards tonight.  Yay me.  I took a break during Criminal Minds to do some crochet and got a lot done.  I’m using a bigger hook now and it is going well.  The finer hook was gorgeous, but I really don’t have the time or the yarn to keep that up.

And that’s about it.  I’m not sure what I’m going to be doing tomorrow.  I will have to scan my cards and take them to the post office and I will probably do a workout too.  I have to wrap something and get it in the mail soon or it’ll be horribly late.  Come back later if you dare and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: