April 7, 2016

Thursday - Rainy

An okay day.

I got up on time this morning, watched a bit of TV and had some tea with breakfast.  Then, I took a short nap that turned into a sleep.  I think it lasted about two hours.  Not what I planned.

I never did get around to doing a workout today, but I did walk to the post office in the afternoon. Yay for me.

I had a really nice salad for lunch with more of my taco salad fixings. I finished it off with a half bagel again.  That was good.

When I went to the post office it was pouring outside. I just walked there and back, it had closed by the time I got there so I couldn’t go in.  I dumped my cards in the mailbox and came home.  

At home I took a shower and then did the kitchen prep.  I wasn’t cooking tonight, but thought I’d give F a hand by making things tidy first.  

After that, I started wrapping parts of my friend’s present.  I got most of it done, now to find a big box to put it all in.  

When he finally came home he started making a nabe.  We had a one with chicken and dango, plus lots of veggies.  It wasn’t too bad.  I did the dishes up afterwards too.

We had a fairly quiet evening.  I watched a couple of shows and worked on my shawl on the couch.  I finally finished a ball of yarn.  It’s going quite well and I enjoy the process.  The one thing I wish is that I could do it all with the smaller hook as it was much nicer, but the big hook is okay too.  

Later on we got started talking about credit cards.  If I get a certain type it will help me have a discount when I travel on the trains.  Unfortunately, I know they aren’t going to give me a card unless F gets one too.  It’s all very complicated and not very satisfying.  He got rather angry with me but he doesn’t understand my point of view on the whole matter.  He went to bed still mad at me.  Sigh.


Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  I’m supposed to cook dinner again and also the cherry blossoms are out again. If it doesn’t rain we might go and look at the blossoms in the park.  Come back in a bit and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry your husband got angry. He doesn't seem the type to get angry....but I guess not. Anyhoo....hope you are enjoying the spring. Sakura is just finishing here. It should be there before long. Jya ne.

Helen said...

He does get angry quite easily...most of it is because of his back, but he'll swear that he isn't angry at me.

I think the sakura is here already, I haven't been out a lot lately to see it! I hear it started yesterday!