May 11, 2016

Wednesday - Cooler and rainy

An okay day.

I got up this morning and came through to the living room as I have been doing lately.  I had breakfast and tea, watched Murder She Wrote.  Today I caught a glimpse of George Clooney in the background.  I think he played someone’s boyfriend or husband!

I got ready for my workout a little bit earlier than usual and started early too.  Good thing as F came home around 12:15, just after I finished up.  

After he left I put on some older TV from the DVR.  I watched an episode of Once Upon a Time and also The Fosters and an episode of Major Crimes. In other words, a lot of TV!  I took a shower in the afternoon and had lunch too.

F had said he wanted to eat at home tonight so I pulled a few things together.  It wasn’t the healthiest dinner ever, but we had some nachos, hotdogs, broccoli and salad for dinner.  I think it was okay honestly.  We got a huge bag of nachos at Costco and I’d like to try and use them up before the rainy season really hits us and they go soggy. 

We had a quiet evening here.  F put on one of those horrid “Kid adventuring alone” shows so I left the room.  I went into the bedroom, turned on the light and closed the door.  I finished the book I was reading and then came back out.  He was a bit upset when he heard why I left, but honestly, I hate most reality TV and especially one where kids are involved.  

I did 4 postcrossings tonight and also sorted out the garbage for F to take out tomorrow morning.  It was a bit more work than usual as we had extra garbage from Golden Week.  

At 11 I went over to the couch and did more sewing on my purse.  It’s looking pretty good, if I say so myself.   And I do!  I took a couple of pictures for you to see the progress.  I did a bit more work on it after these, but it’ll still look the same for now.  Next up is cutting the plastic canvas and putting it in between the lining and the crochet layer.  

Inside....lining in process of being sewed in.

Outside.  Note cute button!

That’s about it for me.  F is having a hard time because of the weather and the general reluctance of going back to work after a break. He’s been a grumpy bear for the last few days.  

Tomorrow I have to prep the cards for sending out, and I’ll maybe make some time to work on my closet and packing for my big trip coming up.  Maybe! Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Rosa said...

Oooh. I like the purse color. It's very chic. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Also: You might try putting the soggy nacho chips in the oven for a bit to crisp them up. Or even popping them in the microwave for a bit, like a very short bit, 10-30 seconds. It works on soggy but not stale tasting chips and it's quicker than re-frying them.

Helen said...

Thanks re the purse. It's a blackish grey with a silver thread running through it.

And also thanks for the tortilla chip idea. The problem is we buy those gigantic bags from Costco and there is only the two of us. By the time we finish them they are getting a bit old. I'll try the warming them up idea. I do that when I make nachos anyway.

I see some taco salad in our future!!