August 27, 2016

Saturday - Gorgeous and Sunny

A good day.

I got up this morning and took a shower.  F came home just as I finished up and then we both had breakfast.  We left a little late for the doctor’s office in my opinion.  Once we were there it was a hurry up and wait kind of thing.  I brought a book and got about 40 pages read, but then took a nap.  I told F to wake me up if I started to snore.  Apparently he did!

I was in and out of the doctor’s room in a few minutes, no big whoop, and then F got his medicine and went off to his morning’s doctor.  He had received the wrong medicine there apparently.  He was only a few minutes and then off we went.  

F picked the place for lunch today and it was quite good.  It had Japanese food, and big portions for a small price.  I liked it, but would have something else next time as my dish was too big for me.  

We went to S-Mall next and put my watch in to the jewelry shop to get a new battery.  I bought him a glass of iced coffee at Doutors and had one myself while we waited.  I got my watch back, we toured the 100 yen shop and only bought one small thing, a packet of clear file holders for my postcards.  I’m going to try them out.  

We came home then, and after an hour or so at my computer, I went off to bed for a nap.  I was off to dreamland for a couple of hours I think, even though I set my alarm to wake me up every 20 to 30 minutes. 

In the evening, we were going to go and see either the pagoda lit up or the Falls in Sakata, but did neither.  I have a bit of a sore foot again and wanted to take the night off.  I also wanted a lighter dinner, so suggested the new fish restaurant.  We went there, but they were full tonight.  We thought about sushi, but the two we were near were either busy or closing soon.  Suddenly, F suggested having Korean food.  We’d talked about it earlier since we’re going to Korea next month…he doesn’t know what he can eat while he’s there!  

We went to Myeondon, the local restaurant run by a friend of a friend of F’s and his Korean wife.  We had quite a good meal, although we ordered too much as usual.  We had chichimi, chap chae, and salt pork yakiniku style.  It was all quite good, but by the end of the pork I was too full.  

We came home and I watched a bit of TV and eventually did some crochet too.  After a bit of TV, I came back to my computer and here I still am.  

I am not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  I think F wants to go to see the Falls and I’m not so sure.  Come on back in a bit and see what we get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: